Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Forum Posts

[All Platforms] Change playback speed when listening to music

Ok before i start i want to tell you of the history of the requests for this issue. the oldest request i can find had 573 upvotes and was a generally good idea (Link to OP). spotify's response: Hey folks. We're marking this idea as Case Closed today ...

• Casual Listener
  • Ok before i start i want to tell you of the history of the requests for this issue. the oldest request i can find had 573 upvotes and was a generally good idea (Link to OP).    spotify'...
  • Laserfocus
  • Gig Goer
  • 62 comments
  • 631 likes
  • All Platforms
    Other
  • Not Right Now
  • 62 comments
  • 631 votes

Listening Hours of Songs, Music and Podcasts

Dear Spotify Developer Team, My idea is to show total listening hours of particular songs, music and podcasts separately by filtering and sorting using artists, date, title. Also, showing total listening hours or minutes of songs per day, month and y...

• Casual Listener
  • Dear Spotify Developer Team,                                                 &...
  • 0 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Live Idea
  • 0 comments
  • 0 votes

Please bring back grid scrolling for new releases!!

Why are we now being limited seeing only like 3 or 4 albums/singles at a time in new releases? The old way was perfect, grid scrolling for new releases was much easier to navigate, it filled the page up but now the bottom half of my screen is just a ...

• Casual Listener
  • Why are we now being limited seeing only like 3 or 4 albums/singles at a time in new releases?  The old way was perfect, grid scrolling for new releases was much easier to navigate, it filled th...
  • St181
  • Visitor
  • 3 comments
  • 6 likes
  • 3 comments
  • 6 votes

Lyrics widget

It would be really nice to have an Andriod widget that display the lyrics of the song currently playing. Karioke style

• Casual Listener
  • It would be really nice to have an Andriod widget that display the lyrics of the song currently playing. Karioke style 🙂 
  • 0 comments
  • 3 likes
  • Live Idea
  • 0 comments
  • 3 votes

Artist Grouping Playlist

Instead of the listener selecting individual songs to a playlist, they select different artists of their choosing (and maybe recommend by the system) and a playlist is generated where a mix of songs from each of the artist is made Like the 'Discover ...

• Casual Listener
  • Instead of the listener selecting individual songs to a playlist, they select different artists of their choosing (and maybe recommend by the system) and a playlist is generated where a mix of songs ...
  • 0 comments
  • 3 likes
  • Live Idea
  • 0 comments
  • 3 votes

Background noise

Whilst this is already a feature on IOS, some of us have androids It would be great to have a feature where you can listen to background noise behind music and podcasts. Rain, while noise, brown noise etc. This could be a feature for premium members.

• Casual Listener
  • Whilst this is already a feature on IOS, some of us have androids   It would be great to have a feature where you can listen to background noise behind music and podcasts.    Rain,...
  • loolivy
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 comments
  • 5 likes
  • Live Idea
  • 1 comments
  • 5 votes

Spotify Artists

I know there is reason to have a distributor to add music onto Spotify but I'm only 14 and I would love to be able to add music for free. Also is it possible to link your regular account to your artists account? I would like to be able to see the app...

• Casual Listener
  • I know there is reason to have a distributor to add music onto Spotify but I'm only 14 and I would love to be able to add music for free. Also is it possible to link your regular account to your arti...
  • 0 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Live Idea
  • 0 comments
  • 0 votes

Play background music while DJ is talking

The DJ voice still sounds too much like AI, but one thing that would improve this significantly is if music played in the background while he spoke. I've tested it myself that having some sort of backing track while the DJ speaks makes him sound infi...

• Casual Listener
  • The DJ voice still sounds too much like AI, but one thing that would improve this significantly is if music played in the background while he spoke. I've tested it myself that having some sort of bac...
  • 0 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Live Idea
  • 0 comments
  • 0 votes

Shuffle the queue

I tend to make queues more than using playlists as I like to be in control of what I want to listen to. However, when I’m listening to new music I like to add multiple songs from other artists and manually shuffle the queue. Adding a shuffle option t...

• Casual Listener
  • I tend to make queues more than using playlists as I like to be in control of what I want to listen to. However, when I’m listening to new music I like to add multiple songs from other artists and ma...
  • 0 comments
  • 3 likes
  • Live Idea
  • 0 comments
  • 3 votes

Option to hide the status bar when in music player

This is such a subtle thing but i noticed you can hide the status bar in the full screen music player if you just tap on the artwork. Afaik this was how it was before, and in my opinion it looks so much cleaner when the status bar is invisible especi...

• Music Fan
  • This is such a subtle thing but i noticed you can hide the status bar in the full screen music player if you just tap on the artwork. Afaik this was how it was before, and in my opinion it looks so m...
  • 0 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Live Idea
  • 0 comments
  • 0 votes

Seeing other people’s listening history (songs)

Having the ability to see what other songs people are listening to. Seeing the people you follow what songs they are listening to and your followers what they are listening to. Great way to add more songs to your playlist , share more music with othe...

• Visitor
  • Having the ability to see what other songs people are listening to. Seeing the people you follow what songs they are listening to and your followers what they are listening to. Great way to add more ...
  • 0 comments
  • 1 likes
  • Live Idea
  • 0 comments
  • 1 votes

Top played songs for an artist over different time periods

Beyond just what's currently "popular", it would be nice to have a way to see a list of an artist's songs sorted by listens over different time periods, like listens: today, last week, last month, last year, all time. Often times, an artist's "Popula...

• Casual Listener
  • Beyond just what's currently "popular", it would be nice to have a way to see a list of an artist's songs sorted by listens over different time periods, like listens: today, last week, last month, la...
  • 0 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Live Idea
  • 0 comments
  • 0 votes

[Alexa] Multiple Spotify Accounts for Amazon Echo

My wife and I have our own Spotify accounts. On Amazon Echo, you can create your own profile. It would be great to link your own Spotify account to your own Amazon Echo account. Thanks!

• Casual Listener
  • My wife and I have our own Spotify accounts. On Amazon Echo, you can create your own profile.  It would be great to link your own Spotify account to your own Amazon Echo account. Thanks!
  • Cromm
  • 245 comments
  • 1211 likes
  • Amazon Echo
  • Not Right Now
  • 245 comments
  • 1211 votes

Artist Country

A way to quickly identify the Artists country. A small flag icon on their artist page. Perhaps we could also have an option to have the flag in the corner of their album art for quicker ID. This could also lead to a way of filtering artists by countr...

• Casual Listener
  • A way to quickly identify the Artists country. A small flag icon on their artist page. Perhaps we could also have an option to have the flag in the corner of their album art for quicker ID. This coul...
  • sheyingharibo
  • 1 comments
  • 8 likes
  • Live Idea
  • 1 comments
  • 8 votes

Recover blends on Spotify

I want to recover blends on Spotify because they got removed my accident or disappeared I think you should have the ability to recover blends created with your friends if you can recover playlist you made. I really like the blend idea and the music w...

• Visitor
  • I want to recover blends on Spotify because they got removed my accident or disappeared I think you should have the ability to recover blends created with your friends if you can recover playlist you...
  • 0 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Live Idea
  • 0 comments
  • 0 votes

See who liked your playlist and the songs they currently listening to in the playlist you made

My idea is to mainly see who liked your playlist. And to see the songs in your playlist that they have been currently listening to. I think this would be a cool feature. By seeing what playlist they like and songs they are listening to you can add mo...

• Visitor
  • My idea is to mainly see who liked your playlist. And to see the songs in your playlist that they have been currently listening to. I think this would be a cool feature. By seeing what playlist they ...
  • 0 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Live Idea
  • 0 comments
  • 0 votes

Liked songs a public playlist on Spotify

My idea is that your liked songs should be added to your public profile and it should be a public playlist. To share with others your liked songs

• Visitor
  • My idea is that your liked songs should be added to your public profile and it should be a public playlist. To share with others your liked songs 
  • 0 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Live Idea
  • 0 comments
  • 0 votes

Make it an option to create a playlist of all songs played in a Jam session!

I came up with this idea a few months ago but never really thought about it after. We always use jam when together. Everybody adding their best songs for that night is a great way of hanging out and jam is a lovely option.My idea is this: After your ...

• Casual Listener
  • I came up with this idea a few months ago but never really thought about it after.   We always use jam when together. Everybody adding their best songs for that night is a great way of hanging...
  • 0 comments
  • 3 likes
  • Live Idea
  • 0 comments
  • 3 votes

Restore Family Plan after missing payment

Problem:During holidays, it is easy to miss premium payments.After such a situation, the account gets downgraded to basic.After the subscription renewal, all family members need to be added again. This can be not very pleasant if you have a teenager ...

• Casual Listener
  • Problem: During holidays, it is easy to miss premium payments. After such a situation, the account gets downgraded to basic. After the subscription renewal, all family members need to be added aga...
  • 0 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Live Idea
  • 0 comments
  • 0 votes

Skip crossfade when sleep timer set to "End of track"

Currently when crossfade is set to N seconds and sleep timer in the mobile app is set to "End of track", last N seconds of the current song are not played at all. I think the correct app behavior in this case would be to skip crossfade for this time....

• Regular
  • Currently when crossfade is set to N seconds and sleep timer in the mobile app is set to "End of track", last N seconds of the current song are not played at all. I think the correct app behavio...
  • 0 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Live Idea
  • 0 comments
  • 0 votes