What's your most heretical music opinion?

Re: What's your most heretical music opinion?

swkennedy

This is from my list, entitled, "Guilty Displeasures:  Stuff I don't like, either at all, or not as much as I should;"

Beach Boys, Wilco, Black Keys, Radiohead....and ugh, U2.

In my circle of friends this is blasphemy...except for U2...nobody really likes  them.

crematedman
Community Legend

@swkennedy haha that's total blasphemy I love it.

Rock Star 13
Rock Star 13
Justin Bieber's Purpose (2015) album is kinda cool...
rossi1911Rock Star 13
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

MadmanOnWheels
Roadie

Even though I'm sort of into some of those Bands (U2 has a couple good songs but other than that I don't really like them), your comment is pretty funny. I have something that you would probably like, or dislike (the same as me). Hey, I just realized that I can add Taylor Swift to this playlist, now. You'll see why. Check it out. I'll have to add her, later.

https://open.spotify.com/user/madmanonwheels/playlist/72rt2Oq4FgGgHCytK2zuAq

flypaperflowers
Roadie

Pablo Honey is Radiohead's best album. I know, I know, chop me up and throw me to the wolves. 

I have to go back and re-listen to the albums now, and as a mature adult, I might change my mind, but as a youth, I truly loved the dark pop sounds on Pablo Honey and not so much the weirder, if arguably more creative, material on subsequent albums.

flypaperflowers
Roadie

@swkennedy

I like U2, but not everything they have done. I adore their early material, which, in my opinion, culminated in the poetically fantastic 'Achtung Baby,' but after this, they had a real strange period. Save a couple of songs, I personally didn't care for much of their material throughout the 90s until the year 2000s' 'All That You Can't Leave Behind,' which showed them returning to some of their former musical and songwriting splendor.

Matthewshaw955
Roadie
I prefer the Mötley Crüe cover of anarchy in the U.K. More than the original by **bleep** pistols

https://open.spotify.com/track/546sm8A1PUpXsJkUyDMPSx

https://open.spotify.com/track/3LoDeIbiR12sAznmpNEmKA

boidiva02
Roadie

I have two that come to mind:

Well first off,  I've honestly always felt that Janet Jackson was more talented than her brother Michael as a singer and a performer.    In fact, I greatly prefer her catalog of albums and songs to his.   I have always believed that Janet was the superior performer in every way.     I just wish she had been taken as seriously music-wise as Michael was. 

And secondly, I have always believed that Dolly Parton's original version of "I Will Always Love You" is superior to Whitney Houston's overwrought, overdone R&B version of the song from "The Bodyguard."  Though her vocals are stellar on the track, I prefer Dolly's subdued version with conveys longing, heartache and genuine pain in a way Whitney's version lacks. 

boidiva02
Roadie

As for Limp Bizkit and their covers; I will personally never be able to forgive Fred Durst for destroying George Michael's classic song "Faith."      

flypaperflowers
Roadie

@boidiva02

Completely agree with you that Dolly's original version of 'I Will Always Love You' is superior to Whitney's.

Dolly has such a unique tone, and she sings with a special softness and restraint that is not mirrored in the Whitney cover. Whitney turned 'I Will Always Love You' into a diva song; a song that is really about the voice more so than the emotion of the entire package; melody, lyrics, delivery. 

I respect Whitney Houston as a vocalist. She can belt out songs like few others can, and she keeps her notes true with a surprising range. I might be biased though, because songs that are all about 'the voice' are not my favorite in general.

Cheers!

SUGGESTED POSTS