Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

A 90s song, PLEASE HELP!

A 90s song, PLEASE HELP!

Hello Spotify Community! A while ago i was listening to Spotifys own 90s list. I got through the whole list and there's one song that i liked, but i cant find.. So I'm here to ask for your help to find that song again! The clues i can give you is that this song is like no other 90s song, In the intro there's a piano and after some seconds the female singer pops up and starts to singing in a very soothe way. Later in the song there's a beat, a very simple beat and in the end there's a bass guitar popping up. The female sings in a soothe way the whole song. I dont know what to explain more. I hope this explaination helps abit! I have checked through spotifys own 90s lists and i cant find it in them.

TY!

186 Replies

Gotcha brotha! I always remeber this song 🕊

https://youtu.be/j-gcDKTwZvA

Gotcha brotha! I always remember this song 🕊

https://open.spotify.com/track/2urYvQEbTNUZssxEEbverL?si=z2TGJb7IRUO-woITgd_kew

Philip251, I think we are looking for the same song.  It was a 90’s alternative song that was played on the Edge in Dallas on 94.5 KDGE.  Very instrumental song with a female vocalist who sounded like Dido.  The only lyrics I remember was her saying “yes” or “yeah” sounding more like “yeeeh”.  The vocal followed a low baseline and then her voice for the remainder of the 4 beat measure and repeating over And over.  I found the song long ago but forgot the name and am once again looking for it.  Are you still on this forum?  I haven’t seen you check and of the follow up replies.  Let me know, thanks,

cypher129

Not R&B not Hip Hop.  90’s Alternative 

Amii stewart-best wishes!

i don't know, but good luck!

Tom's Diner - Suzanne Vega

Thanks crisjuls2000. Not the song but thanks.

That’s easy. The song you’re looking for is “For the damaged Coda” by Blonde Redhead

Thanks. Great song, but not the one I’m thinking of. More of an instrumental track. A girl sang a repeated the word yeah or yes but it sounded more like she was saying “yee”. Female vocalist with soft voice. The yes was on heat 2 of the measure after the 1 count which had a long note with a baseline. So it was note then “yee” then repeated in the next measure and then up a chord in the 3rd measure. Any help is appreciated. Vocalist sounds Dido like or Souxsie from The Banshees. Don’t think it’s Sarah Mclachan either because I’ve listed to most of her songs as well. Not cranberries.

What sort of instruments?

Also, you say the singer sounds like Siouxsie Sioux or Dido, who are both English. Does the singer you’re thinking of have an English accent, a similar vocal style, or both?

The song you’re looking for is called For a damaged coda by Blonde Redhead 

Enigma perhaps?

Hi Jabbamarkie, thanks for the input. Not the song yet. Song is more in line with Sweet Harmony - The Beloved. Song came out mid 90’s and was aired several times on the Dallas Based radio station 94.5 Kdge “The Edge”. I’m trying to located old radio playlists from that time frame. Thanks again for the help guys and gals.

It probably might not be of help but the song you just mentioned is a bit similar to what Ace of Base kinda sounds...maybe look in that direction perhaps? 

I think I know the song. It's by Joan Osborne "What if God was one of us". Hope that helps

Sneaker pumps- six underground  ?

Fiona Apple, Portishead?

Suggested posts