Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

A 90s song, PLEASE HELP!

A 90s song, PLEASE HELP!

Hello Spotify Community! A while ago i was listening to Spotifys own 90s list. I got through the whole list and there's one song that i liked, but i cant find.. So I'm here to ask for your help to find that song again! The clues i can give you is that this song is like no other 90s song, In the intro there's a piano and after some seconds the female singer pops up and starts to singing in a very soothe way. Later in the song there's a beat, a very simple beat and in the end there's a bass guitar popping up. The female sings in a soothe way the whole song. I dont know what to explain more. I hope this explaination helps abit! I have checked through spotifys own 90s lists and i cant find it in them.

TY!

186 Replies

People are responding with songs with lyrics because the original post was looking for a song with a woman singing. They are very likely trying to answer that person’s search. Instead of getting huffy at people perhaps you could start your own thread so that what you are looking for would be the topic of the thread and clear up any confusion. It is very clear you and OP are looking for very different songs.

Hi Philipp,

"The Great Gig in the Sky" by Pink Floyd would fit your description, but that is not a 90's song... maybe a recent cover of it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVBCE3gaNxc

Could it be...

Beats International - Dub Be Good To Me

Baby D - Let Me Be Your Fantasy

Blue Boy - Remember Me

Moby - Go

The Orb - Little Fluffy Clouds

How about "Because the Night" by 10,000 Maniacs (1993), sung by Natalie Merchant?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Because_the_Night#10,000_Maniacs_version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYZv-o01Qis

Can you tell me some of the lyrics and what kind of genre? Could help narrow down your options

@Philip251 wrote:

Hello Spotify Community! A while ago i was listening to Spotifys own 90s list. I got through the whole list and there's one song that i liked, but i cant find.. So I'm here to ask for your help to find that song again! The clues i can give you is that this song is like no other 90s song, In the intro there's a piano and after some seconds the female singer pops up and starts to singing in a very soothe way. Later in the song there's a beat, a very simple beat and in the end there's a bass guitar popping up. The female sings in a soothe way the whole song. I dont know what to explain more. I hope this explaination helps abit! I have checked through spotifys own 90s lists and i cant find it in them.

TY!

Wow! You make me wanna listen to it too now hehe... Have you got the answer already? Impossible for me to go through all the replies at the moment. If yes, please share the title... Thanks!

Could it be Sweet Jane from Cowboy Junkies?

Ur looking for Michelle Branch, “you get me”🙂

Hi William, I wish I could remember the lyrics if there even were any which is why I’m always sayings it’s more of an instrumental type track. I’ll tell u what I know. The only lyric I can remember is the word yes or yeah but it was pronounced like “yeeee” on the song with a female vocalist saying that 1 word on beat two of each measure. So beat one was a deep base line and beat two was “yeeee” or “yeah” held for the rest of the measure, then repeat again with same in next measure, then 3rd measure up a key. Very soothing song and vocalist but again very few vocals. Down tempo track and was aired on an alternative rock radio station during the 90’s in Dallas TX call the edge. KDGE 94.5. I’ve even reached out to come of the local DJ’s that worked at the time looking for playlists during that era. I would gestimate between ‘93 to ‘97 that the song was released. Have yet to find the song. I had it long ago on a mix tape but have since lost it. I would say if you want to hear something similar to it listed to Sweet Harmony by The Beloved. And the female vocalist was similar to Dido or even closer Sousie from the Banshees. I’ve listened to hundreds of songs from the era but am still looking. I get a lot of replies here with great 90’s songs but they are usually just 90’s vocal tracks and have too much singing to be the song I’m looking for. Any thoughts or help is much appreciated. If I could find playlists from the radio station I’m sure I could find it but they’re not around any more and their online presence is minimal. Thanks for the help.

Disregard

Disregard, please delete

https://www.refinery29.com/en-gb/90s-female-singers

I hope there is something that rings va bell in this link. Hope Sandoval sounds a bit like you described x

have you tried SoundHound? .. says it can recognize the song if you sing it

Is it Adia by Sarah McLauchlan?

https://youtu.be/Q5wW8N4pt3U

Cocteau Twins perhaps? 

I don't know if this is still relevant to you, seeing as this was posted years ago, but is it Massive Attack- Teardrop? 

I think I've been looking or the same song for some time now. it starts off on the piano (its got an electronic feel to it) goes like - duh duh duh duh duh     duh duh duh du duh 

then when the beat kicks in I presume a black females voice comes in and she says "woooooo" in a high pitch if anyone knows this song please help...

Robin - Show Me Love?

No its not as popular as that, but still popular enough to be in the 90's hits 

Suggested posts