Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Best Indie Songs 2015

Best Indie Songs 2015

Best New Indie 2015.jpg

STAFF EDIT: New thread for 'Best Indie 2016' here. Happy discovering

- This thread is dedicated to the best of indie music 2015.  We who love to discover and share great music from the indie scene will keep this going until the end of the year. Join us!

With your help I will keep two list continuously updated - Best New Indie 2015 and Top 100 Indie Songs 2015 (I'll share this list when 100 great indie songs have been released 2015). And I'd love to see your own indie lists of 2015 shared on this thread.

If you find or know of a song that you feel should be on these lists, please share it with me here.

- Maybe you have discovered a song that you feel noone else've done?

- Or maybe there's a song that you think we may have overlooked?

- Or maybe you just have found a song that you love and want to share!

Indie music; always evolving, searching beyond the mainstream wall, exploring the deep spectrum of creativity, emotion and intelligence. 100 cuts of indie rock, folk, electronica, lo-fi, dreampop, noise rock, and all kinds of genre-bending wonders.

Top 100 Indie Songs 2015 Banner.jpg

http://www.gothenburgsessions.com
https://www.facebook.com/GothenburgSessions
196 Replies

Well here are just a few of my favourite indie songs of the year 😃 

JONES - INDULGE 

GALLANT - WEIGHT IN GOLD 

HIPPOCAMPUS - SUICIDE SATURDAY 

FLYTE - LIGHT ME UP

PETITE NOIR - DOWN 

MARIGOLD - CAN'T TOUCH THIS

AURORA - LITTLE BOY IN THE GRASS

Among many others. I usually add my favourite indie songs on my personal playlist

'Best INDIE/ALTERNATIVE 2015

Love,

Spotify Profile

What's a Spotify Rock Star and how do I become one?

Follow me on Spotify and Twitter

Hello !

Thousand - The Break Of Day ( Thousand )

Talitres - 2015

""

Hello !

Howlin Rain - Coliseum ( Mansion Songs )

Easy Sound Recording Company - 2015

""

Hello !

Thunder/Dreamer - My Own Town ( Lonesome Morning )

Winspear - 2015

""

Hello !

Thirty Pounds Of Bone - All Your Sons ( The Taxidermist )

Armellodie records - 2015

""

This is NOLA. She's a true rising star. I really like the production with the melodies and the beatiful voice in harmony. https://open.spotify.com/track/3KjyVeNlXtTa9HM81RTDaj

The track that goes on every morning right now, Handing Out Stones

The entire new album from Julia Holter is incredible, but this one has to be my favorite:

spotify:track:6btUHzFhMcTSRJsB055QAz:small

My favorite so far.

spotify:track:7wUSH4g4biyCWOJBfDSMda

@meahtenoha ; 'Dopamine' is also the name of the debut album by BORNS, he has released today! We should consider it to the playlist maybe... I will listen it and I will let you know 😃 My favourite one so far is 'Electric Love', a song he advanced at the beginning of the year

spotify:album:1CiO0EwK73UWXiAflI5ZSs

Spotify Profile

Agreed @Sanik007 The new albums from Youth Lagoon, Deerhunter, Twilight Sad and Beach House will all likely make the "best of list". I'm giving Deerhunter's Fading Frontier a listen now. 

spotify:track:2WUKigdj6FjOwty6hQM2ii:small

hahaha I'm doing the same right now, I'm checking the new releases 😃 I'm listening Neon Indian new songs! sounds interesting haha

Spotify Profile

@Sanik007

BORNS is under my radar since the beginning of October 2014 and his first single "10,000 Emerald Pools" and the following single "Electric Love" in November 2014. I was one of the first to feature him in a monthly playlist (October 2014) and to follow him on Spotify when he was still under 100 followers 🙂 ... And now, one year later, his debut album and over 2 millions followers... What a progression 🙂

On this debut album, except the songs already known as singles, my favourite one is "Clouds" that I have included in my October 2015 playlist.

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

yea @Soundofus I know what you mean! It's a very satisfactory sensation 😃 When you follow a band since the beggining and you can see their massive progression! I don't know when I heard BORNS for the first time, maybe at november or december, don't know. But, what you have explained is something I have experimented with a great number of bands and it's one of the most delicious feelings for a music passionate like us!! 

Congrats dude! 

Spotify Profile

Great track from the new Neon Indian:

spotify:track:3QUTlwa3FQp9uY1akNHQL2:small

Think there should be a lot of Ultimate Painting tracks up here though. 
Either way, here's my list of this year.

This song was released on june 2015. I love it! What do you think? 😃

spotify:track:1fWwxmWor6QbvBeLSV428F

Spotify Profile

Hey @adriaanpels welcome to the boards. This is a collaborative list so you can definitely post your favorite Ultimate Painting track in here. 

We're also taking more ideas for the Top 100 Indie tracks of this year. Any suggestions?

It would be awesome to see Bar Lights by Altadore on this playlist! Upbeat indie-rock in the vein of Arctic Monkeys and The Strokes. Released this year.

Suggested posts