Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to find past Classical Takeover Playlists by Spotify ?

Solved!

How to find past Classical Takeover Playlists by Spotify ?

Hi. So there are numerous classical takeover playlists by members but I cannot find past Classical Takeover Playlists by Spotify ? Each time a new by Spotify playlist updates it seems previous editions of that playlist are overwritten (or something).

Searches online may yield the name of an earlier playlist but when one clicks the link it loads only whatever is the current Classical Takeover Playlist.

So, does anyone know how to find past Classical Takeover Playlists by Spotify ?  Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Haha, you're welcome!

Ah yeah, the pain of missing good music one didn't capture at the time. 😔 That's why I have set up a last.fm account that keeps track of what I've been listening to. It doesn't keep playlists though, so not sure how much use it could be apart from pinpointing the "one good song I heard yesterday afternoon...."

🌞

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey @user-removed 

I'm pretty sure Spotify refreshes their playlists regularly and they keep no backup copies of previous content. Some users, including me, have worked around it by making sure to copy-paste the songs from the changing Spotify-run playlist into their own playlist, so they can always go back to those collections of music as well.

Sadly no way to return the older lists.

Copy-paste songs using Ctrl + A (selects all), Ctrl + C (copy) and Ctrl + V (paste).

Hope this helps, have a nice day!

SebastySpotify Star

Thanks,**bleep** the answer I had hoped for but what I did expect. I've missed some great stuff I wish I could return too. However, I will be sure to capture said stuff going forward. May you thrive, Owen.

I have no idea why Spotify bleeped me. Weird. What I wrote was, Thanks @ your name Sebasty. Anyway no bleep needed and thanks again for your response.

Marked as solution

Haha, you're welcome!

Ah yeah, the pain of missing good music one didn't capture at the time. 😔 That's why I have set up a last.fm account that keeps track of what I've been listening to. It doesn't keep playlists though, so not sure how much use it could be apart from pinpointing the "one good song I heard yesterday afternoon...."

🌞

SebastySpotify Star

Postscript: Sebasty, thanks for the Lastfm tip. I have reopened an old unused account there and have added Spotify as well as Youtube. Clever, you. Cheers.

Little late here, but you can also import Spotify playlists on Last.fm now if you want to save them as a reference:

https://www.last.fm/user/_/playlists

This would probably make sense for all weekly changing playlists on Spotify, e.g. Discover Weekly or Release Radar as well. Note that you cannot edit imported playlists though, so they would have the same name, but should be listed chronologically in your playlist overview on Last.fm.

Suggested posts