Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What song you HATE the most?

What song you HATE the most?

Hi. Didn't find any similar topic here but very intrested. What's your current "most hated" track, which u HATE SO MUCH and want to run away when hearing it and can't suffer even a second of it? All genres and minority tastes welcome. regards.

24 Replies

The track that makes me want to run from the room screaming is Groove Is In The Heart by Deelite. I've hated it for many years so I'm not sure it meets with your definition of current but I've hated it in the past, present and, I'll go on hating it, into the future.

Usually I never listen music that I hate. If I listen something, that means I like it. I am not masochist 😄

Anyway, to give an answer, what makes me run away and not listen is mostly : everything with autotune, everything abusing of vocoder, everything sounding like boys band, everything by Kanye West, everything like House Music starting always with the same beat... I will stop now, the list could be very long again 😄 😄

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@soiritofradio, @Soundofus, thanks for sharing! 

you really made me laughing a lot!:DD    and I fully understand what you mean by Deelite's song! :)))  but what I find is that from hate to love is just one step! so who knows, in future it might be your favorite! 😛

@Soundofus, but is there one special most hated track of all these you listed? :))  

right now, I can't stand Closer by the Chainsmokers/Halsey, Let Me Love You by DJ Snake/Justin Bieber, and I have got sick of hearing I Took A Pill In Ibiza.

I have a top 10.  These are the songs that I can't change the station fast enough on, if I hear them in a store or restaurant I feel the need to leave and if I should hear them all together, I will know that I am dead and banished to **bleep** for all of eternity.

10) 4 Non-Blondes - "What's Up?"
What's goin' on? Not much. Just sitting in the deepest bowels of **bleep** listening to this nonsense.

9) Dave Matthews Band - "Ants Marching"
Pure evil. I don't know what's worse...the creepy looking dude fumbling around on the violin or Dave's nauseating baritone voice. Are we sure he didn't have a part in the film "Silence of the Lambs"? Was he Jamie Gumm? "He wakes up in the morning...feeds Precious and then tells her to put the lotion in the basket". C'mon...

😎 Crash Test Dummies - "Mmm mmm mmm"
"Once there was a kid who got into an accident and couldn't come back to school"...he listened to this retarded bunch of drivel and drove himself off of a cliff. The girl who had the birthmarks all over her body was thankfully in the passenger seat. Too bad the moron singing this was in the studio recording at the time.

7) Europe - "The Final Countdown"
The only thing more annoying than hair band metal is hair band metal with synthesizers. And the only thing more annoying than hair band metal with synthesizers is SWEDISH hair band metal with synthesizers. The final countdown starts with the number 666...and ends with this little slice of **bleep**.

6) Denise Williams - "Let's Hear It for the Boy"
The boy's name must be Lucifer because every time this garbage hits my ears I want to invoke the Lord's name before frantically ripping the radio out of the wall socket.

5) Billy Ray Cyrus - "Achy Breaky Heart"
Contemporary country music is bad enough as it is without the added nightmare baggage of it spawning a white trash dance craze which can only be defined as on par with the plagues and pestilence described in the book of revelations. There's a special place in **bleep** reserved for cowboys with mullets and bad songs.

4) Vanilla Ice - "Ice Ice baby"
"Light up the stage and wax a chump like a candle?" Wigga, please. It was bad enough that you soiled a decent Queen tune's riff with your vocal dookie. But did you really have to look and dress that retarded while you did it? Thankfully, karma intervened and you got banished to reality television **bleep**. Oh wait...we had to watch you. Maybe WE were banished to reality television **bleep**.

3) Celine Dion - "My Heart Will Go On"
"Near...far...wherever you are?" Guess what, you fat-headed canuck? I'm banished to the flaming depths of **bleep** every time this banal bit of **bleep** hits the airwaves.

2) Barenaked Ladies - "One Week"
This band's sound wavers back and forth between annoying and utterly absurd. Ok...that's a lie. It's a constant for both. "Hot like wasabi?" No...hot like Satan's pitchfork penetrating my eardrums every time I hear this stupid piece of **bleep**.

1) Starship - "We Built This City"
It's the worst by a country mile. I think I read about said city in Dante's "Inferno". Marconi might play the mamba, but Satan plays this song while he's tormenting lost souls for all of eternity.

"I'm Rolling Thunder...Pouring Rain..."

Pretty much all the overplayed hits by The Chainsmokers...

I by no means hate Vampire Weekend, I love them. HOWEVER, every time I plug my phone into my car to listen to music or even just to charge it, the first song in my library alphebetically plays. A-Punk is the first song in my library and every time I get in my car I have to hear those iconic opening notes. Even my friends have grown sick of it, and there is a very loud groan from all of us once the car turns on

spotify:track:1595LW73XBxkRk2ciQOHfr

Everything on heavy rotation, at some point (especially if used for youtube ads!)

I really hate that Meghan Trainer song called No. It's just awful.

I can understand that only too well 😄 I hate most of the songs too. Thank god I am from Germany and these songs won't play pretty often. Final Countdown and My heart will go on are the most played and most peeving ones

http://tombstone-webzine.de/ + http://www.lastfm.de/user/strangelove1971
http://www.facebook.com/strangelove1971 + www.youtube.com/user/smess0815

"Crimson & Clover" by Tommy James & the Shondelles makes me become somewhat difficult to get along with.  I HATE THIS SONG!!!  It sounds like he's singing from inside a fish bowl, and the song itself is insipid and stupid and practically immoral and I want to just hit things when I hear it.

"Wildfire" - by Michael Martin Murphey.  I love horses.  But I can understand why someone could come to hate horses because of this horrible ambomination of a song.  (And a 'killing frost' kills tomatoes, not horses and/or their nitwit owners).

"Sherry" by Frankie Vallie & the Four Seasons.  It's bad enough to have the same name.  But to have it shrieked, at top volume... please, make it stop.

("Oh Sherry" by Steve Perry isn't that bad, but it's not a favorite)

"Seasons in the Sun" by Terry Jacks.   We all know why.  I think Dave Barry said it was a song about a guy who was dying but not fast enough.  I can't hit the 'next' button fast enough on my MP3.  It's on my MP3 because my mother likes the song and if she's in the car with me, I have to endure it sometimes, and indeed, vomiting while driving is not fun.

I'm convinced that Barry Manilow's "Mandy" is the cause of much of the violence in this country since its release.

Just about anything by Elton John.  It's bad music, and then he has to go and sing everything in what sounds like a combination of Elvish & Welsh. So not only does the music annoy me, it confuses me and I have to go look up the lyrics just to keep from going crazy trying to figure them out myself.  The Mondegreens & Kiss This Guy websites have a blast with Elton John.

I love Dwight Yoakam's music almost 98% of the time, but "A Thousand Miles from Nowhere" is the most annoying country song I've ever heard (and possibly his biggest hit).  I hate the sound, and I really, really hate it because it sounds like he's saying he has pickles in his hat.  I know he's really saying "I've got echoes in my head" but still... why, Dwight, why?!  The song is dreadful!

I've never heard all of "MacArthur Park", but I believe Dave Barry's 'Bad Song Survey' determined that it was the worst pop song, ever.  Considering it was redone by Donna Summer in disco format, I think the assessment might be correct.  The lyrics are certainly ridiculous.  Who leaves a cake out in the rain?  Particularly if it took so long to make it? 

Music is so personal.   I doubt any two people on earth can listen to the same group of songs and like them all. 

My top ten most hated songs at the moment.

10. "Long Way to the top" by AC/DC (Probably committing heresy here but I've never understood the appeal of this song)

9. "I'm So Tired" by Lauv and Troye Sivan (Why is Troye Sivan whining he's so tired rrepeatedy for the chorus...geezus. Go to sleep if you are tired)

8. "7 Rings" by Ariana Grande (I NEVER WANT TO HEAR ARIANA OVER TRAP PRODUCTION AGAIN)

7. "Body Like a Backroad" by Sam Hunt (This song is probably the worst song to become a hit this decade in my opinion)

6. "Boys Light up" by Australian Crawl (Doesn't make any sense and that chorus is freaking irritating)

5. "One Thing Right" by Marshmello and Kane Brown (Currently challenging "7 Rings" for the worst hit song of 2019)

4. "Closer" by The Chainsmokers and Halsey (I think we'll look back embarrassed at the fact this was allowed to be a number one hit in a couple of months)

3.  "Thunder" by Imagine Dragons (This band are **bleep** at this point, they haven't released anything that's of a good quality since "Radioactive")

2.  "True Colours" by Cyndi Lauper. (Screechy chorus. I like Cyndi but this isn't her best song)

1. "Born to be Alive" by Patrick Hernandez (This song has made me glad I wasn't around in 1979 when this was a hit. This might be the worst song I have ever heard in my opinion)

Well, there's a lot of artists and bands that I don't like or listen to, even though I have heard parts of some of their songs in passing, including Taylor Swift (who was never Country), Miley Cyrus, The Dixie Chicks, some of these new weird rock bands, et cetera, but one song that I have hated, since it was spawned, is Zach Brown's "Chicken Fried". It's so annoying. From that, I didn't want to listen to him, at all.

Follow me

Dang, Poprocks

You actually have, at least three good songs on your list. "What's Up" is a cool female band song. I like her voice and the way that she sings; she belts it out, too. I'm guessing that you don't like the "Hey, yeah, yeah, yeah" parts, though. "The Final Countdown" is classic and has that unmistakable, big sound. What is it that gets you about this song? Have you ever seen the commercial with this song and Europe? I love how they guy is watching for his burrito in the microwave, to this song. It's hilarious. I guess a lot of people hate "We Built This City", but I like the sound and the chorus, at least. I don't know why you hate, though. I don't even mind the song, "Let's Hear It For The Boy". That doesn't seem like a song that goes to any extreme, to be hated. I can definitely understand hating "Achy Breaky Heart" or Celine Dion (who is unpatriotic to the U.S.). I don't hate "Ice Ice Baby", because it's kind of funny, and maybe a little cool. I don't like that he stole "Under Pressure" for it, though. "Under Pressure" is one of the greatest songs, ever. You've got a nice lyrics signature.

There's an article about it.

https://www.loudersound.com/news/brian-johnson-on-the-tropical-storm-that-inspired-acdc-classic-hell...

I have a couple of the songs on your list on this playlist.

https://open.spotify.com/user/madmanonwheels/playlist/72rt2Oq4FgGgHCytK2zuAq?si=VMzv506-Qx-PjBMr30ZZ...

Follow me

That's an interesting topic! And man, some of you have been truly passionate about this :'D

I don't have a list of definite songs, because like @Soundofus I am no masochist and will not spend my valuable evening minutes listening to stuff I despise. 🙂

However, there are types of songs I do not want to hear. Some are more technical, some more mood-based. Right, here we go:

1. Brostep, or americanised dubstep. Screechstep, as I prefer to call songs that have this thick unpenetrable wall of screeches that feel endless. Always when I hear one of such tracks starting to play, I instantly start worrying about my speakers. :')

2. This synth sound made of vocal-slices. DJ Snake, I think, is using this a lot.
At some point it felt like all of the whole group of mainstream producers forgot about other ways on how to add melody to their tracks/remixes, and had to use this rather nauseating mumbly instrument.

3. This goes a bit more into what music I am listening to more often - my suggestions do contain some rather bad stuff. I am all into experimental music, but I have a hard time following something that sounds like the producer tripped over their chair and landed head-first in their studio gear. I've heard so many songs that evolve nowhere and sound more like an audio test file for upgraded setup.
(and then I am confused that some actually enjoy these songs. Guess I'm wired differently)

Oh, and I really really really don't like vocalists that scream instead of singing loud. Also, some popular Estonian artists have this rather annoying tendency of stretching words. One I can think of (that my mother hates with flaming passion) is this:
spotify:track:4AKJSL7TqJ1JwSdTMm45ht:small

Sounds rather annoying after hearing it ten thousand times from the radio, TV and stores. :')

I could name more, but I really don't spend any energy on stuff I don't like. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

My ears start bleeding whenever I listen to this song: https://open.spotify.com/track/1AXO42HiJSTgPq7KbJAEjp?si=zpxSAWOTTvenc0kujGQ97g

It's because a cover of this song a girl named Jordyn Foley from TXF USA 2012 did that it just scares me

There is one more thing that I really don't like. It's super popular right now and I hear it a lot played on the radio.

It's pop-rap. Or modern rap.

There are gems in this genre too, I have witnessed them, but majority of what I've heard have absolutely despicable lyrics and, to top that off, nothing too exciting going on in production as well.

It's just all the same and with disturbing lyrics.

I mean, I have nothing against explicit lyrics (I love Spank Rock!) but those.. those are tasteless sublime.

Estonian artists specifically have created some exceptionally bad content. : )

It's done - move on...

SebastySpotify Star

Everything played by the Gipsy Kings
All those guitars .. 😓

spotify:track:24kgXrvlcGk0qputrpWvzj:small

The worst song in my book is "My Sharona" by the Knack. It instantly ruins my day.
Anything by Guns and Roses. Everytime one of their songs come on ,I switch the radio station. I can't stand that AY,AY,AY,. It makes want to swallow a TIDE pod.

Suggested posts