Plan

Premium

Country

Device

(Samsung Galaxy A50)

Operating System

(Android 9)

My Question or Issue

Just a couple of days before, I could " Add to Playlist " a whole album / EP, and now it's gone / I can't find it.

It's a super useful feature and without it it's just painfully long to add each track individually.

Hey all,

Thanks for the information you gave us and for your patience! 

We're happy to announce that this issue has now been fixed! Please do a clean reinstall to make sure you're using the latest version of Spotify. 

If you're still having troubles, don't hesitate to let us know in the Help Boards. We'll be happy to lend a hand.

Have a great day!  

Comments
jts5009

I’ll chime in as another person that wants this functionality back.  Ideally, I would use the starred album feature to flag albums, but Spotify’s 10,000 song cap prevents that, so that functionality is worthless.  As a workaround, I have hundreds of playlists (one for each artist), and every time a new album comes out, I add that album to the existing playlist.  Every time I discover a new band I like, I create a new playlist for them and add their albums.  With the latest Spotify release, if I want to add songs, I have to do them individually.  I used to be able to add the entire block of songs an album at a time.  For a 20 song album, that takes 20 times as long as it would have yesterday before my app got the update.  This is core functionality that absolutely needs to be reintroduced.  I love Spotify and don’t want to move to another service because I’ve spent so long curating my playlists here, but if this isn’t fixed, I’ll be cancelling my premium subscription and moving to Google Play Music.

wwwathlete

I encountered this same issue yesterday and I also have a Galaxy A50.

Lots of weird stuff have been happening since I got this phone, such as: tracks stopping for no reason at all randomly and frequently, the app no showing on the slide down menu while I'm clearly playing a track.

liamrouse5

What makes me laugh is people moaning about it. Yes theres a song cap but my suggestion of liking the album into your liked or saved playlist then adding as whole still works. All you gotta do to free up space is unlike it afterwards. 

It's a work around. I'm just as frustrated as everybody else but dont pass it off as useless cos it does work if you didn't have to be so bone idle about it. 

Save album, add album to playlist, unlike album again. 

LysdexicDan

I want to start my comment by saying that I would have never got involved with Spotify if they made their consumers aware you can only save 10k songs to your main collection. They are aware of this functionality and refuse to do anything about it. What makes this more frustrating is that each regular playlist can also hold 10k songs. So your collection is a regular playlist. Now I'm too invested in the software and it would take forever to add all the stuff I've been listening to over the past few years to Google Play. 

Spotify's "solution" or better said, workaround, to the 10k song issue is to make playlists. But now I can't even add whole albums to playlists. So now Spotify expects me, a "1% user that saves over 10k songs" to save a lot of individual songs to playlists that I can't even shuffle with my main collection? You guys are the worst. I hate monopolies. 

Klima85

Not happy about losing this feature as well. This was a feature I used all the time and to just remove it is just stupid and makes me want to start looking at competitors. 

averysauer

Listening to a full album is the baseline functionality for a streaming service. Can't imagine why you would get rid of a functioning feature that makes using your product easier. Bring back "add to list" functionality for entire albums.

Luke123

Why are you removing this feature. Bring it back now please.

-eyb4u_dktlze

I make a LOT of playlists, almost always out of full albums. Removing this functionality seems to serve no purpose other than a **bleep** slap in the faces of people who use it, seeing as how it's still available on the desktop client. The reasoning of "we're always working on ways to make Spotify better©®™" is a load **bleep** because there is nothing "better" about this, nor is there any detriment whatsoever to leaving that one button where it was for the people who want it. I've really been **bleep**ed here, cause I have so much music on Spotify already, there's no way I can go to another service and make all those playlists again. And while we're on the topic, the ability to long press on an album has been made more difficult with the frankly **bleep**ing pointless change to artist pages, which are now just unnecessarily more difficult to navigate than they were before. Fix**bleep** and stop **bleep**ing moving things just for the sake of it, everything was working totally fine before, it's like you want everyone to go to Apple Music or something. 

brmg

This totally breaks the way I use Spotify. Please fix.

JudasDaVillain

BRING THIS BACK!!!!