Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

Umidigi F1

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

spotify crashes when you click the 3 dots to add to playlist, share ,view artist. etc

Changes were implemented to fix this issue for most common Android models.

Our backstage data combined with received votes and reports on this thread seem to indicate that the changes were successful for a majority of the userbase.

Unfortunately, we're aware that there're still some models with specific Android ROMs that are still experiencing the crash. At this time, we are not able to provide a fix that covers the full range of Android phones.

We'll be continuing our efforts to improve compatibility, but cannot guarantee that your specific device will be affected. As such, we'll be stopping the regular updates of this thread and are marking it as case closed.

Comments
miss_herewini

Plan

Premium/ Email login......

Country

New Zealand

Device

Samsung Galaxy 7

My Question or Issue

So everytime I go into the menu to "share" my spotify app keeps crashing/closing down. It was working fine about 3 days ago. I generally just use the share option to copy the link to the song. 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Reset my phone. Signed in and out of my account. Cleared cache/ devices from my spotify account and still nothing. 

Please help!! Its super frustrating. 

Nico

Hey @miss_herewini! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

I'm sorry, that this feature isn't working properly.

Please note that Spotify is already working on it and an update should be out to fix it soon.

And be sure to check this Ongoing Issues thread out for more details about it. ^^

Peace

Ancu

Same S**t here. Oneplus 5T. Did everything, install, reinstall.

Waiting for an update.

Ipieters

Same thing happening to me. So annoying! 

fntx
mafoo1981

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Pixel 3

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

Whenever I click on the 3 dots to the right of an album, single or EP when they are in a vertical list the app just shuts down and I have to restart it. If I go into the album and click on the dots to do something like add it to queue or to a playlist then itsi fine, it's just when it's on the vertical list page it crashes.

1399497936.png
PhiZi

I have the exact same problem.

A reinstall of the app did not work for me. I have no clue what i can do to make it work again..

My device: LG G6

FitzChivalry

Me too. 

Spotify v 8.4.89.515

Android v 8

Phone is LG V20

My experience differs in that the app always restarts on it's own. I have only noticed it in the last week.

OmegaMode

Y I K E S the app is literally unusable now

Jimmer

I am having exactly the same issue on Android 9.0 PIE, only since the last update, press triple dot screen shadows out and app crashes.. 😞