Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Collaborative playlist links not working

Hey everyone, 

We've received some reports from users who have issues joining and inviting other users to collaborative playlists.

This is being investigated.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed in version 8.9.34. Make sure to upgrade before generating another link and do let us know if the issue persists with this app version.

Thanks!

Comments
rkeane611

Tried inviting a collaborator to my playlist & sent via text. He can’t join or add songs 

03AOLTBLS6hZH

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

iPhone 14 Pro

Operating System

iOS 17.3.1

My Question or Issue

The following problem started after the latest Spotify update (8.9.32): The shared playlist invitation link doesn’t work.

if you want to send the link to people for a cooperation, it produces a link just to show you the playlist. So people can’t add songs to the playlist or adjust the playlist.

This means it isn’t possible to create a shared playlist anymore in which you can add songs and adjust the playlist with multiple people anymore in the latest Spotify version

stephenad

I too am having an issue inviting collaborators. Trying to add my brother to a playlist but it’s just a link share really.

Amyhuntt

I’m having the same issue. Trying to organise a huge collaborative playlist for a funeral. When it is expected this will be fixed? 
@Novy  

joselynperezr

This issue is also happening to me and my friends, we're trying to have a collaborative playlist, but whenever I sent them the invite link it does not work on their end - we also tried creating another playlist from another user and it's still not working.

My sister tried from her android and it works for her so I'm not sure if this is an IOS issue.

SLAFKOOB

I’m having the same issue.

loriii

ok so basically im trying to make a collaboration playlist but the links aren't working at all no matter what i do (im on iphone if that matters). i checked with the person to see if their app is up to date and it is, and so is mine. i've read so many articles and nothing works i've tried everything. please help this happened yesterday and today and this has never been a problem before. the other person can't add any song at all.

jagallagher01

Having a similar issue. Previous collaborators are able to add fine, but it's not allowing a new collaborator to add anything.

geeflee

Same issue with collaborative playlist sharing. Not working at all. Be great to know when likely to be fixed or if a workaround?

itsmetommyve

This is strange because the feature works for some but not for all. I tried making a playlist with my bestie and it wouldnt work, but another friend made one for us and it worked! I imagine its an update roll out thats happening in waves.

UPDATE - COLLAB PLAYLIST link works on DESKTOP version!