Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Connecting to the Nuvo audio system not working

Hey folks!

We've been receiving reports that Spotify has been failing to connect to Nuvo audio systems during the last few days, following one of the latest updates.

We've merged several threads here in order to keep everyone in the loop.

We'd appreciate it if you kept us posted!

EDIT: We've also received reports of this same behavior occurring on Sony (STR DN1080) devices. 

Hi folks,

Nuvo has recently released an update, so this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure to install it to your system so that you're running the latest software version.

In case you're still having trouble, you can go ahead and post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks and cheers!

Comments
Harryx
I believe Spotify no longer supporting Nuvo but other music systems still work thru Nuvo eg Apple and Amazon
Dion6

I got the fix!!! Scroll down!

magnificentm

What gives? To put this very bluntly if you won’t fix this soon I’ll ensure that I use another streaming option. Get it fixed! No excuse to have this not working. 

MacSpotifyFam

This is affecting me as well. It is definitely a Spotify problem; neither the iOS nor iOS for iPad nor Mac client work with Nuvo any longer.

If I can't listen on Nuvo, I'll have to look elsewhere for music & podcasts (Amazon, Apple).

Beajbea

this has been very annoying I’ve spent hours trying to resolve the issue and I found it difficult to contact Spotify. I’m really not happy that they are not prepared to suspend payment or offer any recompense even though they aren’t providing a service 

angand4

Honestly this is ridiculous! I'm having the same issue with my Nuvo speakers. Please Spotify fix it my whole family depends on this source for music. 

UrsE

My Spotify app will no longer connect to my Pro-Ject Streambox RS Mediaplayer too. 

The problem is the same as described above with the Nuovo Player. The player shows normal function with the NAS in my local network, but streaming with Spotify is not possible, so with all our mobile devices as the desktop computers (Apple). 

Andrew-839

Does Spotify have any idea when this issue connecting to NUVO player will be fixed?

sdupont73

I'm glad to know Spotify in investigating this. If it does not get fixed, I will definitely be ending my Spotify subscription. Honestly, they should be refunding me a month of payment for lost access via my home sound system.

drgreg1

I am experiencing this same issue; other streaming sources work through the Nuvo Player, so presume it is the Spotify app failing. We enjoy your streaming service! Hope this is back up and going in a reasonable time frame. Thanks!