Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Daily Mixes Don't Refresh, Change, or Update

My Daily Mixes pretty much remain the same. They rarely update, playing the same songs ad nauseum. They are also not intuitive. The first daily mix is pretty accuarate, but I can only tolerate a small number of songs in the other mixes. 

I continue to like new songs, so it should be refreshing, adding more options. Why don't the Mixes refresh and add new songs? Why do they remain static? And why do I have the same series of mixes?

I should add that this occurs regardless of the platform, and whethere my system is up-to-date or not. This is a Spotify flaw. 

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

iPhone 6s, iPad mIN4, Mac desktop, and Windows Desktop

Operating System

iOS 12.1.4, iOS 12.1.1, Windows 10, and Mac High Sirra 10.13.2 (respectively).

Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us and for your continued patience.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again!

Comments
thehawke
I switched to Apple Music. The platform is more stable and the sound is so
much better. And considering Spotify's recent price hikes in their plans,
Apple is actually cheaper.
amb0817

None of the Daily Mixes are updating on desktop or on mobile. 

timbow

Still not refreshing. ~sort it out Spotify - pathetic. 

Tom-in-Paris

Hello, 

Same issue here for weeks now.

I am using Spotify on Android and windows. I reset to factory the phone and reinstalled without any change. Same after performing a clean install on windows (using revo uninstaller).

- Huawei P30 Pro,

Android 10, EMUI 11, Spotify 8.7.20.1261

- DELL XPS13 9300 Windows 11 home up to date

Spotify 11.81.604

Thanks, this is really boring... specially for paying customers

amb0817

Daily Mixes still aren't updating, what gives guys? Same goes for Daily Drives. I've purged all the cookies, listened to different music, no luck. Help me understand why altering the algorithm is a huge deal. If there were some answers as to the why behind these seemingly simple things not getting fixed I bet more folks would be understanding. Vs "Not right now" This feature has worked in the past. Please help better user experience. 

Multzxo

Hi.

I had a problem like this. I read the threads on how to solve it, put together recommendations in a case and maybe added something. What exactly helped is unknown, but the problem was solved.

Sequence of steps below:

-Check for Daily Mixes playlists in your favorite playlists. If there are, remove from them.
-Log out from all devices.
-Clear the cache wherever the app or browser was used.
-Check the version, update to the latest version everywhere.
-Go to ONLY one app and one device, listen to music for a few days, without listening to Daily Mixes.

After completing the steps, in a few days, Daily Mixes updated for joy. I hope it helps someone.
Have a great day.

dickie74

I love the way nobody from @user-removed is bothering to respond. Maybe they’ll start losing subscribers like Netflix…

amb0817
Thank you for sharing the solution that worked for you, unfortunately none
of my Daily Mixes are favorited : /
amb0817
What I've found is if i post sternly on a forum about an issue three or
more times MAGICALLY, somehow, even though I haven't changed a single thing
on my end - when I use the app the day after my 3rd + post, the issue seems
to have resolved itself. It's an issue of transparency as far as I'm
concerned. I'd LOVE for someone to just be honest with me about what's
going on. Im not the only one that's expierenced this, I've seen it all
over for different issues. They just gotta talk to us vs. Gaslighting.
ElSuave

No updated daily mix for many days now... This is an obvious issue, related to some recent application change. It is very dissatisfying and makes me want to cancel my membership and just use my YouTube Music app or Amazon Prime.

Spotify should take this seriously and resolve this defect as soon as possible. Support should have more of an obvious response other than just saying to search for more music. 

As they say, something too good ever lasts!