Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Recently Played section not updating anymore

Hi team,

For any reason, the Mac Desktop "Recently Played" section doesn't get refreshed.

The one of the web player of the iOS app works perfectly.

I already did a clean reinstallation of the desktop app and the issue occurs whatever other laptop I use.

(see attached screenshots)

Any idea?

desktop 1.png
desktop 2.png
Image.png

Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again!

Top Answer
Katerina
Spotify Legend

Hey there folks,

We really appreciate you bearing with us while our teams are working on this!

We don't have any more info to pass on for now but rest assured that we'll share any updates here in this thread once we have them.

In the meanwhile, we'd recommend making sure that the app is up to speed with the latest version available so you won't miss any improvements and fixes coming your way.

Have a lovely day 🙂

Comments
shutupandance

Same here, since last decade.

veil-fish

Someone has sent me an a link to a Spotify track back in February. I've listened to the track for about 10 seconds and now it's stuck forever in my Recently Played. The only option to update or clear the section is to abandon the account and create a new one. To add insult to the injury, since the track has got its tenured position in my Recently Played list the app is always recommending it in the "Good Morning/Evening" section on top of the Home page.

bioroide

I started getting this with the redesign, it worked flawlessly before (PC Desktop here). It's an embarrassing look for Spotify that it is still not fixed, and I am considering cancelling my subscription as that is a feature I rely heavily on.

ginksmokebacon

Getting these issue for a while as well (this, plus a mysterious artist showing up on my home screen for no reason every now and then).

And please stop it with the polite way of saying "it's your device fault". I've tried literally EVERYTHING on my end so no, it's not my iPhone/MacBook pro/windows PC/ Samsung & LG TV's fault. I get it that support was trying to help to the best of their ability. But I'm seriously considering switching to literally anything else apart from Spotify at this point if it means Peter, Paul and Mary could stop showing up on my recently played section day and night without fail (no offence to the artist ofc).

karlush

Still an issue... 

pixel-saphire

I can't believe this issue has existed since 2019. C'mon, it's been almost two years and you haven't fixed it? I don't want to have playlists I haven't listened to and that I don't even follow anymore on my home page. I rely on this feature heavily.

brianjw

This has been a problem for me as well. I came here looking for a solution, and just found that it's been a problem for years. This feels like a simple thing to get right; it should be fixed by now.

Krudmon

I guess I'll throw my hat in the ring as well. I'm a new Spotify member of only a month or so, a recent Apple Music convert. The best part is that this is affecting my "Good Morning' and "Good Evening", showing the same albums for both every single day. I wish I could just remove that section as it's basically pointless and slapped right up at the top of the app every time I open it.

Looony

So after wondering why my Good Morning / Good Afternoon / Good Evening WASNT updating for the past 6 months and looking into this for the past 4hrs today I've finally found this thread!!!

Because my Recently Played isn't getting updated I have the same damn Albums / Playlists / Songs in the front page (Good Morning) becuase I guess Spotify thinks I'm listening to the same **bleep** 24/7

Exactly what @Krudmon above says.

The fact this bug is over 2yrs old is utter sh*t