Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Difficulties with payments and purchases in Nigeria

Hey folks,

We're receiving reports that some of our users in Nigeria are experiencing difficulties with their payments.

Hey everyone,

We've been regularly checking the status of this with the right folks, and we have an update.

Verve is now a viable payment option in this region. If this is available to you, we recommend trying to add this to your account. If Verve isn’t an option to you, then we’d suggest posting in our Subscriptions help board. From there, we’ll see if there's anything else we can suggest that best supports you.

Thanks!

Comments
Chinaza

@MinervaG But GoMoney has really bad reviews and poor rating on playstore?

MuDibia

I'm nearly completely convinced that everyone that has encouraged people to download GoMoney on this thread works for the company or were paid to market it. 

My experience with the app (for a use other than Spotify) was subpar and I quickly deleted it. 

Kvngrahman

Hey

Yall should try WALLETS AFRICA, i have been using them for 2yrs now.

KennyKen

I’ve tried every card in Nigeria in order to get the premium but nothing works. Spotify is losing a lot of business in Nigeria. The market here is huge and I’ve recommended Spotify to others but unfortunately they choose to go with Apple Music because of this payment problems.

shayofficial1

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Nigeria

Device

(infinix note 8i)

My Question or Issue

hello, I'm from nigeria and have been trying to link my card as premium, the response i'm getting is payment failed, and have tried to use different cards still not working and have use my browser too not working, i use a different browser too not working and i use incognito mode too not working still. what's the solution please?

Screenshot_20220418-004506.png
Maxim

Hey @shayofficial1 ,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

Spotify is aware of difficulties with payments and purchases in Nigeria. I recommend that you try using a different payment method.

You can check out the ongoing issue at https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Difficulties-with-payments-and-purchases-in-Nigeria/....

Hope this helps 🙂

shayofficial1

there is no other payment method, it's only with card.

Wiz_O

Worked with Access Bank.  Just used a friend's card for it. 

@user-removed it's been over a year.  You need to get a grip on this, please! 

Regards, 

SmartE001

There is only one Payment Method allowed for Nigeria. Assuming Spotify gave us an option to pay with PayPal, maybe things would be easier. This is frustrating and serves as a very poor experience for users.

Oiko

I've been trying to subscribe for premium for months now and it hasn't gone through 

I've used the same card for YouTube music and it works, I just tried I again and the payment platform isn't connecting at all 

Please help with it

Screenshot_20220514-171131_Spotify.jpg