Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No internet connection/ app shows offline despite on WiFi or data

Hi. For the past few days, I've been completely unable to use spotify on mobile data. I have the allowance to do so but all the tracks are grayed out and I get a "no internet connection" error at the bottom. It works perfectly fine on WiFi.

I have tried:

Uninstalling and reinstalling 

Logging out and back in several times

I have the Premium Student plan and a Samsung Note 10.

Hey everybody,

We would happily like to share with you that we’ve looked into this issue once more and our team has made various changes on the back-end to improve it.

For this reason we are setting it closed. Everything should be working much more smoothly from now on.

Nevertheless if you’re still experiencing difficulties in the matter, keep in mind that it might be because of the specifics of your network or device settings. As such We would again like to refer you to some steps that we’ve previously mentioned. They usually do the trick and if you follow and try all of them there's a high chance the issue will be resolved or you'll at least find the cause of it:

• Thoroughly reinstall the app with these steps.
  • Check your firewall and antivirus software/apps to make sure Spotify is whitelisted or set as an exception.
  • Remove ALL entries from the Windows hosts file (not just the Spotify ones).
  • Uninstall any ad-blocker apps.
  • Run Windows in Safe Mode with Networking - if the app works with no issues there, we'd suggest adjusting different network settings and uninstalling any software that might be conflicting with Spotify's connectivity.
  • If possible, try connecting your desktop to the internet via a mobile hotspot. Should the app work through it, consult with your router's manufacturer.
  • If you're on a non-personal device or network (student laptop, student network, corporate laptop, corporate network) get in touch with the administrator for more help.

We'll be there for you in the help boards if you need anything else.

Cheers!

Comments
kdebreczeni

Hi,

I have the same issue with OnePlus 7T (Android 10) on 4G, Spotify version 8.5.32.889. Spotify does not access the internet when it is connected to Android Auto. I disconnected my phone from Android Auto and restarted Spotiy, but it still did not have internet connection...

Thanks,

DEKa

1qc-2kx5w0_t6

Yes, Spotify is allowed to use your mobile data. This issue is too annoying. I must restart my phone each time when I want to go online on spotify...

Loxer

Hey @1qc-2kx5w0_t6,

Could you try using the Remove Offline Devices and Sign Out Everywhere from your Spotify account page to see if that helps?

Keep me poste 🙂

Nomadness

OnePlus 6

Android 9 (OxygenOS 9.0.9)

Spotify version 8.5.32.889

Issue occurs both on mobile and Wi-Fi.

Hi,

Same issue here!

LG G6 (LG-H870)

Android 9

Spotify version 8.5.32.889

Premium account

No internet connection issue occurs on 4G. Seems to appear about 3-4 weeks ago.

Regards,

1qc-2kx5w0_t6

Hello
I did it. I think this do not help. How long I should wait for fix? 

quickstang

Update... 

Still persistent with the latest update

• OnePlus 7T
  • Android 10 
  • Premium account 
  • Spotify Version 8.5.33.831

When on 4G in the car connected to BT, no internet connection. You are offline. 

TPSpot

If you are experiencing this, please send us over the following:

• Samsung S9+ 
  • 4G
  • Spotify Premium Family

PLEASE FIX THIS SOON!

kdebreczeni

OnePlus 7T

Android 10

Spotify 8.5.33.831

Spotify Family

It is working after I disable and enable mobile network.

Jeff_TW

After latest update issue is still occurring, Spotify 8.5.33.831, Android 10, Pixel 3

When I connect to BT in the car with the phone on 4G, Spotify shows no internet connection initially. After I close and re-open Spotify it usually connects to the internet successfully again.