Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No internet connection/ app shows offline despite on WiFi or data

Hi. For the past few days, I've been completely unable to use spotify on mobile data. I have the allowance to do so but all the tracks are grayed out and I get a "no internet connection" error at the bottom. It works perfectly fine on WiFi.

I have tried:

Uninstalling and reinstalling 

Logging out and back in several times

I have the Premium Student plan and a Samsung Note 10.

Hey everybody,

We would happily like to share with you that we’ve looked into this issue once more and our team has made various changes on the back-end to improve it.

For this reason we are setting it closed. Everything should be working much more smoothly from now on.

Nevertheless if you’re still experiencing difficulties in the matter, keep in mind that it might be because of the specifics of your network or device settings. As such We would again like to refer you to some steps that we’ve previously mentioned. They usually do the trick and if you follow and try all of them there's a high chance the issue will be resolved or you'll at least find the cause of it:

• Thoroughly reinstall the app with these steps.
  • Check your firewall and antivirus software/apps to make sure Spotify is whitelisted or set as an exception.
  • Remove ALL entries from the Windows hosts file (not just the Spotify ones).
  • Uninstall any ad-blocker apps.
  • Run Windows in Safe Mode with Networking - if the app works with no issues there, we'd suggest adjusting different network settings and uninstalling any software that might be conflicting with Spotify's connectivity.
  • If possible, try connecting your desktop to the internet via a mobile hotspot. Should the app work through it, consult with your router's manufacturer.
  • If you're on a non-personal device or network (student laptop, student network, corporate laptop, corporate network) get in touch with the administrator for more help.

We'll be there for you in the help boards if you need anything else.

Cheers!

Comments
impinas

I have the same problem during the past days. I am connected to the internet using data (both 3g, 4g), I am successfully using other apps, but spotify is dead or plays for about 10 seconds and then dies. On Samsung s9+ with android 9.

Mujdatkarabulut
  • Im using oneplus 6 working on android 9 spotify version is 8.5.33.831. it says no internet connection and i cant use it but im still paying for it. And as far as i see this is a common issue and u guys not helping.

Not working on my laptop either

Ashleyrenee7

I've been having this same issue for quite a while now and its beyond frustrating. It really makes me want to just cancel my Premium.. on top of that issue, my phone also does this weird thing where I'll be in the middle of a song and if my screen goes black then whatever is playing will stop, and I'll have to tap my screen and make it light up again for it to start playing again. I'm sure you can see how this would get annoying real fast. Anyway, 

I have a Samsung Galaxy S10+ with Android 9

Spotify version 8.5.33.831

It happens off and on, whether I'm on wifi or 3g/4g 

It would nice if this issue could get solved sooner rather than later, as I've always sworn by Spotify and I'd hate to have to go elsewhere for my music.

GiveWidget

Having the same issue, on both wi-fi and data. I've reinstalled and it's not in offline mode or anything like that. The App simply refuses to recognize that it's connected to the internet. I will switch providers (to google music most likely) in January if this isn't fixed by then. I'm on sansung galaxy J3, android version 9. 

Resqguy86

Same issuse here,I leave my house when I'm on wifi and go to data and get no internet connection.  Same when I was at the gym connected to their wifi and back into my car I get the same thing.  I have t toggle airplane mode to get it to work.  I've done everything, logged out and in, uninstalled and reinstalled yet nothing.  It happens on both my Android phone but not on my work iOS device.  I was on Android 9 with a one plus 7 pro now a Google pixel 4 xl and issue still exists.  Hopefully Spotify will do something about it seeing that the same issue has been reported since 2012.

GR1

PlusOne 7 Android Phone, Spotify will not work on different WiFi networks. Does work on data but only for a short time before going offline again. Google Music works. Have installed versions anew but same issue persists.

HoustonBeerMan
How does Google music compare in music catalogue and cost?
LloydXmasbu

Same issue here as others have reported.  I have Spotify Premium and have had for years with no issues until a couple of weeks ago when Spotify upgraded to the most recent version. 

Every time I try to use the app I receive the error message "No internet connection available" and I can only play downloaded songs. 

This only happens when I'm connected to Wifi. 

I can connect and play songs when I'm using my mobile data. 

I've tried on several different Wifi networks and this happens on every one. 

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, logging out and logging back in, and nothing works. 

I've also had issue with having to enter my username and password every time I open the app. 

I've been asked to reset my password several times, and the emails from Spotify arrive in Swedish. 

I have a Samsung Android 8, and (trying) to run Spotify version 8.5.33.831. 

I would love any help I can get!  Thank you!

thoch

Got the same problem occuring these last four Days.

Android 9 ver 52.0.A.11.3

Sony Xperia H8266 

Both on Wifi and 4G

Spotify ver 8.5.33.831