Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Queue disappears and screen goes blank after closing the app on mobile

We're aware of the following issues on mobile devices, when the app is closed while the Shuffle button is on:

- The queued tracks are disappearing

- The song screen goes blank

- The play button is unresponsive

Hey folks,

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for mobile users. Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

For anyone still experiencing this issue in the desktop app, rest assured, we are working on resolving it there as well. In the meantime, please share your OS version and Spotify version in this thread.

Thanks!

Top Answer
MihailY

Hey folks,

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for mobile users. Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

For anyone still experiencing this issue in the desktop app, rest assured, we are working on resolving it there as well. In the meantime, please share your OS version and Spotify version in this thread.

Thanks!

Comments
Lyubka

Hey there folks,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

We'd like to check if you lose songs from Next Up or from the manually added queue. This will help us investigate further.

We'll be on the lookout for your replies

bh51512

I have the exact same problem. Downgrading to version 8.7.84.382 of the app fixed it so they've clearly broken something in 8.7.90.544.

RedShifter

This started here today, Galaxy S22+ and Android 13

This happens after a restart on the app, connected on Bluetooth or not (screenshot attached) 

Screenshot_20221209_101830_Spotify.jpg
Slysoft

When I open a playlist, the queue fills like so

Slysoft_0-1670608822647.png

Then when restarting the app it empties to just the last played song

Slysoft_1-1670608847242.png

SandroQC

The same problem. Pixel 6a. But it is not only in the car. If I leave my phone quiet for some time, it happens too. Version 8.7.90.544

Rigsby1

I am having the same problem, but not just on the windows desktop app, its also happening on my iPhone as well. Whenever I close the app, on re-opening the only song left in the queue is the song that was playing when the app was closed. Everything else in the queue has disappeared. This happens when playing any playlist, either my own (private or public) or any other playlist including ones created by Spotify. 

Can this be fixed a soon as possible please.

Rigsby1

I am having the exact same problem, and not just on the IOS app, its also happening on the Windows Desktop app as well. This looks to me like a problem that is very widespread, and is VERY annoying!!!! Please fix as soon as possible!

Rigsby1

Update. I tried messaging Spotify on there web page and the advisor was useless. He asked me to reinstall the app on Windows, which I had already done, and to delete all the folders, again which I had already done, and guess what. Still the same. I did the same on my iPhone, and again no difference. 
I then tried it on my iPad, which hadn’t been updated, all was good. I updated it, and the same problem occurred. 
I then tried other things, and found that the problem only occurs when using shuffle, BUT each time I star the app, anywhere shuffle is not active, but before, it was. 
Come on Spotify, listen to your users. There is a problem here. At least admit it, and then PLEASE fix it!

Rigsby1

Update. I tried messaging Spotify on there web page and the advisor was useless. He asked me to reinstall the app on Windows, which I had already done, and to delete all the folders, again which I had already done, and guess what. Still the same. I did the same on my iPhone, and again no difference. 
I then tried it on my iPad, which hadn’t been updated, all was good. I updated it, and the same problem occurred. 
I then tried other things, and found that the problem only occurs when using shuffle, BUT each time I star the app, anywhere shuffle is not active, but before, it was. 
Come on Spotify, listen to your users. There is a problem here. At least admit it, and then PLEASE fix it!

Tf012

Same issue on iOS with Spotify version 8.7.90.495. When I stop a song and hit play again, the song will finish and the bar at the bottom of the screen will disappear. I have to click on a new song or close and reopen the app to get it to play a new song.