Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Queue disappears and screen goes blank after closing the app on mobile

We're aware of the following issues on mobile devices, when the app is closed while the Shuffle button is on:

- The queued tracks are disappearing

- The song screen goes blank

- The play button is unresponsive

Hey folks,

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for mobile users. Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

For anyone still experiencing this issue in the desktop app, rest assured, we are working on resolving it there as well. In the meantime, please share your OS version and Spotify version in this thread.

Thanks!

Top Answer
MihailY

Hey folks,

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for mobile users. Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

For anyone still experiencing this issue in the desktop app, rest assured, we are working on resolving it there as well. In the meantime, please share your OS version and Spotify version in this thread.

Thanks!

Comments
panicinthecity

Issue still exists on desktop app. Windows 10 Home PC. Windows version 10.0.19044 Build 19044.

Uninstalled Spotify application and reinstalled it. This didn't resolve the issue.

Spotify version 1.2.0.1165.gabf054ab

BraveTiger

Still having the same problem, the queue is lost after closing the app and reopening. Desktop version Spotify 1.2.0.1165.gabf054ab for Windows 10. I already tried to uninstall and install again, and even formating the computer, but the problem still persists. Someone from the Spotify team, please take a look on this because it's happening for a few weeks already.

BassMonkey87

This is not fixed on the iPhone.

iOS 16.2

Spotify 8.8.1.397

Sonos 14.20

Spotify playlist without shuffle plays one or a few songs and then randomly starts over at song #1.

This is making Spotify unusable.

Rigsby1

Finally today an update has arrived for Windows Desktop users which, seems to have fixed the problem with the queue disappearing when the app is closed. I haven't tested it in all scenarios, but at the moment the queue doesn't seem to get wiped. The version I now have is Spotify for Windows 1.2.3.1115.gd61a8f5c. If you are a desktop user try updating to this version and see how you get on. Good Luck!!!!!

panicinthecity

Following the lead of @Rigsby1  and can confirm that updating to Spotify for Windows 1.2.3.1115.gd61a8f5c seems to have resolved the issue where my queue disappears after closing the application and relaunching. I have tested by switching from one of my custom playlists to another, and also pressing Play on an artist's page. Am really happy there is finally a viable fix to this very inconvenient issue!

DolceBellaBaker

I also got the new update 1.2.3.1115.gd61a8f5c and my Spotify is working just as it should - the last full even returned after the update completed and the app restarted!

greis09

My app is updated and the issue continues to me. If I'm listening to a playlist and close the app, when I come back it plays the last song and then continues to something related to that song, normally the album, instead of continuing with the playlist.

For the first time since subscribing to Spotify I'm thinking about going to another music service.