[Radio] "Hide this song" button 🚫 does not work

Plan

Premium

Country

IE

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

In the last update that I'm aware of, the icon for removing a song from a Radio changed. This was no issue but rather that clicking the new button that is now called "Hide this song" doesn't do anything. 
I'd like to ask one thing. Why change something that didn't need fixing? The previous button which was called "Remove song from radio" or something along those lines, worked perfectly fine and it helped tune a radio to the songs of a specific genre I was enjoying within the playlist I made the radio from.

It would just be nice to have something that worked. Like it already did.

2019-08-05_13-34-16.gif

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
ali_young21

Specifically 'The Get Up' morning show playlist. This button is now gone. Hiding from que also doesn't work. It keeps putting 'sleep music' I haven't listened to in over a year in the rotation, no matter how many times I remove it from que.

Addasleeptimer

Well, we're halfway through 2021 and I'm having the same issue. On my desktop, there is no "hide this song" anymore. I can do it on my phone app but it doesn't register on the desktop. 

ali_young21

@Addasleeptimer I contacted support and they advised to un-install/re-install Spotify, same issue. I thought the re-install worked on my other devices (all with latest software update June 2021 ios14.6) but alas, the sleep music still creeps in: iphone 10 and iphone 11, imac, apple tv, and ipad air 2.

The last step advised by agent was to create a whole new account... yea nope. This should be a simple fix, so IDK why it's taking mountains to remove sleep music from Spotify mixes, esp since it's been yearssssss from listening to it.

rathizard

This has not been fixed. Hide feature isn't even present in the desktop app.

bluethejammer

My Spotify remove song button for the desktop app almost works properly. As long as I keep the current app session open, it remembers the songs I removed from the Radio and doesn't play them again. But if I close the app and restart it, all the songs I removed come back, and I have to restart the whole process again of removing them all. >.< 

Remove Song ButtonRemove Song Button

cbatomakeaname

OP here, @bluethejammer you are right just did a bit of testing myself and the same songs come back instantly.
I also noticed that song radios still don't have the remove function.
3 years and still issues, took a year and a half to get the button back on for playlist radios.

My opinion still stands with whoever is over the dev team. They don't care about us and our wants for this app and it's pushed more and more people over to other subscription music apps (p*****a). 

I've given the idea regarding data storage issues on Spotify's side with each users song ban lists for each playlist/song radio. Save that data to the devices that the user signs into and make users aware of that and that will stop Spotify from having unnecessary server costs just for that data.

Since this thread is labelled as fixed it may not get staff eyes on it. But on the off chance someone does see this that actually cares about making the app better for the users. Please consider my suggestion for bringing back the way the old radios worked. Bringing back the + and - for every song to allow you to fine tune each radio type. It was the best thing this app had to offer and it was taken away for what I suspected as server cost. 

@Elena @Peter 

CrashedIce

I have been having this same issue for months now and just came to help the cause.

I thought this was just me but for a long time now I have had the same bands showing in my Release Radar suggestions and each week I remove them and it's fine for the week, but then the next week they are back again ... Rinse and Repeat. 

Now I am just getting really annoyed that it's not working and hasn't been for so long. 

I am not jumping on the "They don't care about us train" but it would be nice to see some updates on this soon. 

roccopantalon

my spotify is super eclectic, so the radio stations are really not ok without that hide song option.

even worse, there is this one track that keeps popping up EVERYWHERE, like literally everywhere, it's 'DANCE by ESG' i used to really love that track, now get shivers, the bad shivers, just by hearing the first motes. 

spotlied made me hate a good siong.

dado111

dont know what good will it do, just wanted to report that "remove song from the radio"  button still doesnt do anything... all the tracks i removed are back in next session....

pls fix that, if anyone is reading this

cbatomakeaname

This post is still being revisited by community very often and even a 3 year old post that just got bumped a few days ago on the very same matter (https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Unhappy-with-how-radio-playlist-radio-has-changed/m...). Why can't this thing just be fixed. At least give us a reason. I've suggested ways to help with issues that I am guessing is why spotify removed the feature. Just communicate with us. We want the app to be a good as it can be, and of course feel like we are getting the same service that we all started to pay for in the beginning. It's just not nice seeing good features being thrown away with no reason given to us. Which is why I made this post to begin with. 

@Ver @Yordan @Vasil @Mario @Kiril @Jeremy @Novy