Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

’Repeat All’ turns itself on

I’m a Premium member, in the US, on an iPhone 8 with iOS 12.  I’m having an issue where the “Repeat All” function continually resets to on.  This used to happen just when I opened the app anew, so I for some time just left Spotify always open and that prevented “Repeat All” from turning back on; however, for the last month or two, “Repeat All” turns on even if I just minimize the app, often several times a day.  There was a Community Post on this same issue (from DanHazard, which is now closed) where the Tech person recommended restarting the iPhone, but this has not helped.  I am an album-listener (as in, not a radio- or playlist-listener) and I absolutely hate that the albums keep repeating!  For one thing, I often switch to a completely different genre for my next choice; hearing the same one restart kinda makes me hate the album.... I get sick of the same one!  Since I listen all day at work (I build houses), it is often very difficult for me to stop what I am doing to change the music, so I am stuck with the repeating album for a while. I also use a song or album’s length as a gauge of how long a task is taking me (in construction, many quick tasks FEEL like they take forever and you feel you are wasting time when you are not; conversely, it’s easy to get lost in complicated tasks and end up spending more time than you wanted), so the Repeat ruins that, too. 

To make matters worse, the last update just moved the button to turn Repeat off into a submenu of the Now Playing screen, making it even harder for me keep an eye on that pesky little Repeat!

Please help!

Hey all,

Thanks for all of the info. We've let our tech team know, and they're investigating this. We don't have an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend keeping an eye out for updates to the app.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Comments
Loxer

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

Could you try using the remove Offline devices and Sign Out Everywhere, probably resetting your password too, from your Spotify account page?

Does this happen if you try it with another Spotify account in your device?

If possible try signing in to another with your current spotify account to see if that helps.

Make sure you've have all the latest updates installed, too 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Gallivan61
Hi.

Thanks! Yes, deleting and reinstalling the app seems to have done the trick.
Gallivan61

Well, no, I spoke too soon, Repeat is turning itself back on again.... I will try your other suggestions and see if that helps.

Thanks

Gallivan61

Nothing seems to be working, I tried all of your suggestions, multiple times, but Repeat keeps turning back on. 

I am using Spotify version 8.4.94.812 on iOS 12.1.4. Thanks!

Angie31

Also, Shuffle turns of when you select a song from a Shuffled list. I have same version of app and iOS as above. Please feedback and fix.

krapmaster

I am having the exact same issue and have been consistently for a few months now.  I have completed all the recommended "fix it" steps stated here in the replys multiple times, which will only be a short lived.  Being a Spotify user for a long while now I have experienced this problem repeateldy over the years.  I also work as a carpentar and totally feel your pain and disatisfaction when I must travel to the device to turn off that pesky button that is located an exrtra step away from where it was two updates ago.  I am hoping by replying to your thread I will be kept in the loop.  

AppleG

I have exactly the same problem. It really goes on my nerves. There was a time it works perfect, but since 1 year repeat turns on when I connect Spotify with my Audi. Fix it!!!

Jemi
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey everyone, 

We've seen a few reports on the 'Repeat all' function re-activating when turning the app off or minimizing it. First make sure to do a quick reinstall, and then let us know the following:

• An exact description of what happens, step by step.
  • When did it start?
  • Does this happen across different devices?
  • Does it happen with different internet connections?
  • Are you using the Connect feature? Does turning it on and off make any difference?
  • Your device model, OS, and Spotify version.
  • A screenshot (or screen recording if possible). 

Thanks!

Jemi
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey everyone, 

We've seen a few reports on the 'Repeat all' function re-activating when turning the app off or minimizing it. First make sure to do a quick reinstall, and then let us know the following:

• An exact description of what happens, step by step.
  • When did it start?
  • Does this happen across different devices?
  • Does it happen with different internet connections?
  • Are you using the Connect feature? Does turning it on and off make any difference?
  • Your device model, OS, and Spotify version.
  • A screenshot (or screen recording if possible). 

Thanks!

Gallivan61

Hello,

Now that I have been watching more carefully, I see that it turns back on when I connect to my Dodge Van’s Uconnect system. I don’t think this uses Spotify Connect, simply Bluetooth. Specifically, Repeat turns back on after I press play, not when Uconnect recognizes the device.

I have had this vehicle for 3 years, and have been using Spotify via Uconnect for most of that time, so the issue is still a new one, first starting some time around the new year.

Thanks.