Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Payment failed" red banner showing despite payments being successful.

We've received some reports of customers getting a notification on their mobile app "Payment Failed: We were unable to charge you. To keep Premium, update your payment method ASAP." despite payment being successful or being part of Premium Family or Premium Duo.

1.png

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! The message should only appear if your latest payment was actually unsuccessful. Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
theorbofnight

Hello,

I had the same issue for my duo plan. The money was deducted but it didn't reflect in the premium subscription. Since then I've canceled my subscription from that account and then resubscribed using a different account.

Now, I've requested a refund but my bank is saying that merchant(i.e.,spotify) is responsible for that since money has already been deducted and transferred. Please fix this issue.

IMG-20240102-WA0000.jpg

Screenshot_20240102-153049_Paytm.jpg

ibrahimhassanx

cannot subscribe to any plan , my cards are valid and has enough money , every time i try to subscribe a message appears with title : Payment method failed , so please can you fix the problem with my account 

biscuitroll

Hi,

having the same issue.

In the App it says payment failed but I already paid for this month. I have the Premium Family.