Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

1 Family sharing 1 speaker with multiple accounts using Spotify connect?

1 Family sharing 1 speaker with multiple accounts using Spotify connect?

Hej I have a question regarding using spotify connect with one speaker but multiple accounts.

Right now I have one Denon Heos 1 speaker in the kitchen. I'm currently the only one in the house hold with a Spotify account but i'm looking into buying the family plan so my girlfriend and I each have our own accounts. 

The question is then:

Would each of us be able to use our own account to stream to the speaker using spotify connect or does it only support one user?

3 Replies

You posted over a year ago but did you find an answer? We just got Sonos for Christmas and individual premium Spotify accounts for the family. When my husband is at the gym playing his Spotify and I try to play my Spotify on the Sonos at home, our accounts duel--his song will change to mine or vise versa. Not cool. Trying to find an answer so he can still use the speaker at home for his music as well. 

Hi,

I'm also having similar issue.

We have three HEOS speakers and a Spotify premium family account, but only one of the Spotify accounts can see the speakers under Devices Available. 

Why?

It is very limited if only one account can be used. What if a kid vant to listen to his music on a speaker on his room, and the parent want to listen to som other music in the kitchen? 

Haven't been able to find any solution or answer to this...... 😞

Hi all!

We have similar issue as described above with two premium accounts and one Denon Ceol Piccolo system. Spotify Connect works perfectly, but only one of our accounts can see the Denon in Spotify at a time. 

My account worked, but not my girlfriends. Then I managed to pair her account to the Denon (by connecting it to wired network) and my account stopped seeing it in Spotify. Her account now works perfectly. So - good for her, but not for me 😃

The result is the same for all devices, we have multiple laptops, tablets and phones. All devices logged in to her Spotify account can find the Denon, but none with my account. Same if I log out on my phone and log back in with her account - then it works. So has nothing to do with device or network problems. Everything works for one account at a time! 

Not sure if this is a Spotify problem or Denon problem - any ideas or help would be much appreciated!

Kind regards

Stefan

Suggested posts