Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Amazon Echo] Multi-room music

Solved!

[Amazon Echo] Multi-room music

What is the timeline for Spotify to support Amazons new Multi-room music feature? 

182 Replies

Still waiting on a reply or acknowledgement from Spotify. Very dissapointing 

It is. But it's their loss. I'm quite happy linking up to my echo using Bluetooth and playing Spotify through that for free. There's only a few adds every now and then and you can search for a particular track if you want it, to get around the skipping tracks restriction on the free version.

Same here... love Spotify, but my home audio is controlled by Alexa. At this point I cannot play music outside and indoors at the same time while having guests over because these are two separate Echo devices. 😞

As a Family Plan customer that is not using any fancy features, that is a definite consideration to move to Amazon Music. I'm not even sure what Spotify are protecting themselves from by limiting it from the Family Plan, I thought that was the whole point.

I live by myelf, and happily pay for a Spotify subscription.  Why can't I have 2 Amazon Echos playing the same song in my home?  

Please support multi-room music.....

I have both, Amazon music and Spotify. Amazon music and how you're able to control the music on the Echo is a horrible expierence. It is so horrible, I personally advise not to ditch Spotify for it. Why is it horrible? Amazon forces you to control your music through the Echo app for Amazon music. Browsing, looking at playlists, etc. The echo app is not a dedicated music app that helps you find music. Often times the music section causes the app to crash, leaving you no choice but to talk to Alexa to find music. It's anoying. In other words, you can not use the Amazon music app to control the music while it's playing.... It makes for a fustrating experience...

Also, the echo's multi room setup will only work for one group. So if you have a speaker assigned to a group already, you can not assign it to another group. For example, I have a whole house group. Because all of my speakers, 4 speakers, are assigned to the whole house I can not make an upstairs or down stairs group because all of my speakers are assigned to the whole house group. 

Yes, Spotify not creating a connection to the Echo multi room sucks. If they did, it would solve the music control issues YOU WILL have with Amazon music since you're able to se Spotify's app to control the music. However, the echo is still has very limited multioom functionality.

For me, I'm considering moving to Google Assistant. Spotify is support and their multiroom music is developed more. The echo is great, but it has its bugs. We don't use the echo for Amazon functions on our family... mostly music, home automation control, and weather updates.

The lack of communication from both Spotify and Amazon is sad.  

come on spotify. make us like you.. that multiroom is so important for us with a amazon echo device.

I have 4 Dot's and this would be the sweetest feature.  I have one in a little man cave in my back yard and sometimes when my kids are down there listening to music, I mess with them and change their music to something really sappy. 

Since Spotify refuses to even acknowledge us, its worth noting that you can get 3 months of Amazon Music Unlimited for $.99 right now which will allow you guys to check out Music Everywhere on your Alexa's

Amazon Music $.99 Limited Time Offer

And Amazon Unlimited is cheaper per month after that trial ends.

Very tempting.

I feel some loyalty to Spotify, but this thread doesn't get even a "we're working on it"?

Grrr....

The amazon app is getting better - but I still can’t press a button to send it to play to a certain alexa or a group of Alexa’s.     I must be patient - I know Spotify won’t let me down!!!    

@osornios Any chance of an update?

Or any other Admins or so called 'Rock Stars'

Is this matter in the hands of Spotify or Amazon? And are there any updates?

+1 the official Spotify feature idea, as linked by their Twitter Support, @SpotifyCares.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Amazon-Echo-Play-multiple-Speakers-at-the-same-time/idi-...

Adding my voice to the chorus of people requesting this.  

Spotify were indeed mentioned in the Amazon press release about multi room as ‘coming soon’, and I don’t see them doing that without the sanction or support of Spotify. So all the support agents at Amazon and similar at Spotify don’t seem to be aware of what their companies have publicly released.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=176060&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2297100

3 months down the line, you'd think they would have enought courtesy to let paying customers know when they can expect this.

@spotifycares - unfortunately only for themselves

Companies shy from giving out release dates as commercial as well as technical matters can impact them. If they gave out a date and didn't meet it, they'd get brickbats for that too. At least Amazon said soon...

That was in August.

I think 3 months down the line asking for an update is valid.

They were too busy working with Sonos to worry about us

Suggested posts