Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't add songs to starred playlist

Can't add songs to starred playlist

Even though can add songs to all other playlists. Web version, Chrome on OSX.

9 Replies

Hey there @user-removed and welcome to our Community!

No worries, we can get this figured out.

Are you getting any error messages? If so, a screenshot would help.

We look forward to hearing back from you 🙂

No errors. Nothing happens at all. Popup menu opens and closes as is supposed to, except playlist stays the same.

Tried logging off and on but didn't help.

I've been having this exact same issue for a couple months now.

When you try to add a song to starred, nothing happens. No error, no indication it didn't work. In fact, it seems like everything is working as it should, but when you check the starred list, the song(s) you literally just added are not there. They are not even randomly in there somewhere in middle of the list instead of the top. They are just not being added at all.

Tried different browsers: chrome, opera, even the mobile app for my windows phone 8.1.None of them work.

No worries @user-removed and @galacticespiona!

Could you try to clean up cookies/cache and try in a different browser, or a private/incognito window?

Keep us posted.

Tried other browser, still the same.

Tried pvt and clearing cookies, still nothing. But now my entire web player just doesnt play anything...

If this is the special Starred playlist you're talking about it has been deprecated since long ago now. They've kept it around because ppl had songs there but in later versions of the desktop app and the new website design it's gone entirely. You'd do best to move your songs from this playlist to a regular one and stop using it.

Thank you, you're the first person i've seen on a forum to simply spell out that they don't use it anymore.  That's all i needed to hear

Using my mobile device, I can add songs to the Starred list but cannot see them. When I try to add them again, it asks me if I want to add them anyway. But I can't see them at all. I tried copying the entire list into a new list but I still have the problem. The list is only in the low 3000's so I don't think it's approaching any sort of limit.

Edit:  Adding that I can make new lists and add to all other lists with no visibility issues, but only with this particular set, ones in or from the "Starred" playlist I can't see on mobile, for at least a month now of adding and thinking they'd be there.

Suggested posts