Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I'm suddenly not published as Top Listener for any artists

I'm suddenly not published as Top Listener for any artists

...although I've checked the button that says so.

I have a side account that I log into from time to time to see how other users, and which artists they can see that I have listened to.

Now, my picture does not show up no matter which artist I visit with my other account, and I'm 100% sure that it did before.

What is wrong with this function? It really sucks that it's broken, because this is half the reason I'm using spotify in the first place.

21 Replies

@flowrpower darn, I wish that still worked! The main reason I got Spotify was to see what my friends are listening to and share music.

I think I am just going to cancel my premium because I've had it for three months now and the entire time it hasn't worked properly.

Since the new update I can't check my notifcations from my desktop. I'm not listed as a Top Listener. My friend's Top Tracks Chart hasn't worked for the entire three months. My recently played/top artists only started working correctly several weeks ago. My entire library disappeared at one point. When I try and save a song/artist/album they don't always save. I can't send music directly to a person from my phone. I tried to delete an old account connected to my facebook and thought it was deleted and only found out recently it never was.

I don't know how many of these issues you have had, but it sure is annoying that something is always wrong/not working. I don't see the point in emailing Spotify since there are already so many posts about these issues. I've reinstalled, deleted the app, tried a different version, etc. and there is just always something wrong.

Important announcement: Today I got Apple Music! 🌸💕🎉

Currently I'm just on my trial period, but if Apple Music turns out to be my preferred platform for listening to music, I think I will cancel my Spotify subscription. And that comes from someone who has been a subscriber for almost 3 years. 

But seriously @chlolene, I can relate to a lot of the things you're mentioning. There is always something wrong, and when (if) it's finally fixed, it does not take long for it to go back to being wrong again. 

I love spotify too much to ever stop using it, I just wish that the program really went in to be its best version possible. For example, the music quality on Apple Music is extraordinary compared to the highest quality Spotify has to offer. 

I rrreealllyy like how accessable the music is, and that it takes you literally 2 seconds to find a song. Therefore, it's too bad that small problems like these occur, because it's ruining the whole experience. With their focus on social/sharing music, fixing this problem is the least they can do. Also it would be nice to actually be able to turn off your top artists (yes there is an option to turn it on/off, but again this does not work), and hide your activity from certain users as well.

I'm lucky to have the option to go back to Spotify free, but users outside Europe cannot do this if I'm correct? There you go @Pete, another reason to actually review the case and not just say that you will. 

Suggested posts