Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung Smart TV - Troubleshooting

Solved!

Samsung Smart TV - Troubleshooting

Want to use Spotify on your TV? With the Spotify app on Samsung Smart TVs, you can.

Samsung Smart TV: 2012-2014 models (running the Orsay operating system)

If your Samsung Smart TV was produced between 2012-2014 and is running the Orsay operating system, Premium subscribers can:

• Search tracks, albums, and artists.
  • Browse new releases, top tracks, and top albums.
  • Browse your friends’ playlists and listen to your own.
  • Add tracks to playlists.
  • View artist pages. 

rtaImage.png

Note: For older Smart TVs, please check the download area on the Smart TV to see which applications are available.

For more information, including details on how to download and install apps on your Samsung Smart TV, check out the Samsung support page.

If you’re having playback issues, or your Spotify app has stopped functioning correctly, try the following:

Reinstall the app:

• Navigate to the Apps panel and locate Spotify under My Apps.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • Go to Samsung Apps and search for “Spotify”. You’ll also find it under search-friendly categories, such as Lifestyle or Music.
  • Select Download.

Check your TV’s firmware is up-to-date: 

• On your Samsung Smart TV, go to Menu > Support > Software Update. If your device is due an update, you’ll be prompted to install.
  • A full list of Samsung TVs, firmware versions, manuals, and FAQ pages can be found on the Samsung support site here.

Samsung Smart TV: 2015-current models (running the Tizen operating system)

Introducing Tizen for Samsung Smart TVs, an operating system designed to power Samsung’s next generation of Smart TV applications. Tizen lets you take Spotify to the next level.

If your Samsung Smart TV was produced from 2015 onwards and is running the Tizen operating system (version 2.3 and above), listeners can:

• Use on-demand playback, available for both Premium and Free listeners.
  • Access a new and improved Browse section. 
  • Search the entire Spotify catalog.
  • Preview content.
  • Control their music and login remotely using Spotify Connect.
  • Experience an optimized “big screen” interface with beautiful artwork.

samsung_tizen.jpg

For more information, including details on how to download and install apps using Tizen, check out the Tizen Store website

62 Replies

Hi! Thanks for the recent update. When will I be able to view album and artist from a playlist? In the works? Spotify on TV is awesome! Also, is DTS audio out, like the Youtube app a possibility? I always get issues when spotify wants to play 2.0 audio. I run spotify on the tv and push audio over optical to 5.1 reciever that can decode dts. Contact me if you want to chat about it.

test

I bought a 43 "Samsung 43MU6100 smartvv and when I try to start the spotify app it takes some time to load and then the message" Error "appears and it will not leave the screen anymore. I reinstalled the app 2 times and nothing and the TV firmware already I was able to connect the spotify to another device and put it to repoduzir on tv at the time it is on the error screen but I can only hear the audio and the screen remains in the image with the error message. has something related but I connected the TV on samsung system with my facebook data as well as spotify. Help me with a solution!

Suggested posts