Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Spotify Connect not working after Denon firmware update

Solved!

sandznl

A few days ago my Denon AVR X1200W had a firmware upgrade and since then I cannot connect with it via Spotify. Please fix!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Spotify Connect not working after Denon firmware update

AlexAtanassov
Music Fan

It seems i managed to get Spotify Connect back on X4100w by Initializing the network adapter (from remote go to Online Music then on AVR console hold down DIMMER + > buttons for min 3 sec). Other DENON AVRs can initialize network adapter by combinations listed here http://denon-uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3848/kw/reset%20network

PS. i use WIRED LAN connetion, fixed IP (DHCP is OFF), default gateway is the router IP (mine is 192.168.1.1); DNS 8.8.8.8; second DNS 8.8.4.4

Good luck and hope above helps.  

15 Replies

criscla

Me too!

Solution!

AlexAtanassov
Music Fan

It seems i managed to get Spotify Connect back on X4100w by Initializing the network adapter (from remote go to Online Music then on AVR console hold down DIMMER + > buttons for min 3 sec). Other DENON AVRs can initialize network adapter by combinations listed here http://denon-uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3848/kw/reset%20network

PS. i use WIRED LAN connetion, fixed IP (DHCP is OFF), default gateway is the router IP (mine is 192.168.1.1); DNS 8.8.8.8; second DNS 8.8.4.4

Good luck and hope above helps.  

Pimdebruin
Casual Listener

Same problem here with AVR-3100W. Tried many things to solve, but the trick to reboot the network adapter brought the solution!

Thanks for posting it! 

ewela
Regular

I have Denon Ceol N-8 and today, after the automatic update of Denon firmware I cannot use Spotify anymore. It is no longer available on Denon. I have reset and initialized Denon and router, but still no Spotify option  is available.

Recently I have received the message from Spotify that they are working on new app for Denon, but it should be ready at the end of December. 

Does it mean that by then no Spotify would be available on Denon?

Does anyone has the same problem?

Please help!

nassumuunvalo

I have exactly the same problem, please let us know how to fix the issue. Thanks in advance.

yosser69
Music Fan

I have the exact same problem Spotify is just completely gone. It is very frustrating.

SunStar1
Casual Listener

Same here. 

Any news from Spotify? New Denon App with Spotify or a Spotify App for Denon? 

Pimdebruin
Casual Listener

I found a solution for now: after resetting the internet module of my AVRX3100W I can find my avr as apparatus in spotify. 

Resetting works with my AVRX3100W: put source to ONLINE MUSIC, push and hold zone 2 source and dimmer together for about 5 seconds until "initializing". 

For now it works, hopefully keeps working... 

ADDxxxx
Casual Listener

Same here. Very irritataing. I'm glad to hear Spotify working on this but after a year without the lyrics on the Windows app that were promised 'shortly' I have little confidence.

Why did the old app go before a new one was ready?

SUGGESTED POSTS