Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app not working on Samsung TV series 8 tv

Spotify app not working on Samsung TV series 8 tv

FRee subscription

Australia

My Question or Issue I have a free subscription.  We got a new samsung tv series 8 with built in spotify ap a few months ago.  My free subscription was working perfectly on the tv till recently. I love listening to spotify through the tv.  But now when i open the ap on the tv and select a song it only plays for a couple of seconds and stops.  the settings on my phone ap for my tv device say playback unavailable.  Why is this happening?    My tv and phone are on the same wifi.  I have tried to reinstall the app on the tv and log out and back in to spotify but it hasnt done anything.  My daughter has a premium account and her account is playing back over the tv ap fine.  Do i now need a premium subscription for my samsung tv spotify ap to work?  Please help, i have read forums for samsung ap not working and can not find this specific problem.  

4 Replies

Hey @Mergatroid

We had an issue with some partner devices, but this should now be fixed. If not, make sure to reinstall the app, and restart your network, and see if it helps. 

Let us know how it goes 🙂

same problem - app won't reinstall - have restarted network 

so? should I unsubscribe and use DEEZER instead?

Hey @25103580Q,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Can you give us more details about your issue and the model of your TV. We'll look into this further 🙂

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts