Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

WDTV Live Spotify Playlists are all empty

Solved!

WDTV Live Spotify Playlists are all empty

Since WDTV upgraded firmware All my spotify playlists appear to be empty. I tried a firmware downgrade but that didn't work. Has anyone else got this problem. I think its a spotify problem rather than a Western Digital one since changing the firmware made no difference.

41 Replies

Hi guys, I've merge two similar topics to get us all in the same place.  

We're aware we're experiencing some playlist loading issues at the moment.  We think the issue could explain this issue with WD devices.  It's being worked on.

Cheers. 

This is now magically fixed,  at least for me.   After reading the last entry here I went to my lists and they show up and they play!!!!!   Too bad it took more than a week to get the right peoples attention.

Now that I briefly have some attention here, does anyone know how to shuffle a playlist on WD Live?   All my lists appear in the order I created them, and I have pressed just about every button on the remote looking for a sub menu.   Resorting the list by any method via PC has no effect on the WD Live sort order.

Start playing first track on your chosen playlist Photkow, then with it highlighted press the option key on the remote and it will come up with a menu incl "play mode". If you toggle through play mode, you should find the shuffle icon

Hope this helps..

Mine is working OK now too... Thanks !

Seems to be, that someone (WD or Spotify) has solved that problem, all playlist are back (with content).

Thanks !!!

Marked as solution

Thanks for the updates guys.  Just for official confirmation, our operations team was able to sort this out sometime yesterday.  Please let us know if you're still having playlist problems. 

An ongoing issue with playlist access on the WDTV Live: For playlist folders, WD displays a maximum of 10 playlists per page. When there are more than 10 playlists in a folder, the first entry on the 2nd page is the same as the last entry on the previous page, and the last item on the list (most recently added) will not appear at all. i.e. - if you have eleven total playlists in a folder, the 10th will appear twice, and the 11th item will be missing.

Updated to the most recent firmware and no playlist content. Apparently the problem has returned.

Same here. worked like a charm till yesterday.
today all playlists in wdtv live are gone, so are my starred tracks.
upgraded to latest wdtv firmware, after noticing: still the same.

Is anyone seeing a new bug on the WD media player when using spotify? When I click on Elvis presley or Marvon Gaye or Taio cruz any artist with a lot of albums always freezes my media player. I don't know if it's my media player or it's a bug.

Seems to be a bug. Freezing is reproducable when selecting an artist with a lot of albums.

My WD TV Live playlists are all empty today. Been working perfectly until now. 

I just bought a WD TV Live the other day and when using Spotify on it, none of my playlists are visible.  It's rather annoying seeing as I have subscribed to Spotify Premium mainly to use it via the WD TV Live box.  Missing playlists renders Spotify rather annoying to use, what with having to search for albums with a remote control instead of just clicking on playlists.

Does anyone know when this problem will be fixed? (assuming the error is caused on the Spotify side of things).

Could it be linked to the playlist managing bug I am getting, as described in the post below?

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Playlist-management-amp-syncing-not-working-properly...

Same problem here!!  I just left a message with WD TV Live.  This happened when they updated the firmware so that MLB.TV would stream (it's STILL not working!).  So, now I have two problems.  Does anyone know if/when this will be addressed and SOLVED?????  WD TV Live is the only device I use, with my Bose speakers, to listen to Spotify.  I was absolutely thrilled when I first got it, but......I'd hate to have to unsubscribe to my Premium Membership, but that will be my only option if this isn't fixed ASAP.  So, then it'll be back to Pandora for me.

I logged into Spotify on my WD TV Live for the first time two days ago and it was totally empty,

I had no history at all. What can I do or can you do to fix this?

I have been running my music thru my amp using an i phone 6 plus but I would prefer to use the TV Live.

Also why are the graphics completely different on the TV Live?

roddychester

Hi,

I see this is solved in 2012 but now in 2017 I have the same issues.

What was the maintenance that has been done specifically within the spotify account to solve this?

I'm having this problem on my 1 week trial of premium. Spotify please fix or I won't be going premium.

Thanks

Hi, I've noticed this same problem on our WDTV Live Streaming, all the playlists for both our accounts have disappeared.  Have tried logging out/in from Spotify on the WDTV and "reset all online services" but neither have worked.  Has anyone had any success?  As far as I can tell there's not been a recent firmware change and I'm still using 2.03.20, which worked with playlists until recently.

I have the same problem here, just updated to the new firmware and all the playlists are just empty! Anyone knows a solution?

Still no answers?? Come on Spotify please

Suggested posts