Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[WP 8.1] Need to restart phone to make spotify play

[WP 8.1] Need to restart phone to make spotify play

Hi,

It appears that if I close spotify, I have to restart my phone to make it work again. I can start the app, go through menu, choose artists, etc. but when I click play or start radio, an icon of a song and pause button appears on the bottom of the screen but no music starts playing - sometimes it lets me to go through the menu, sometimes it freezes completely. Doesn't matter if I restart the app, I get the same result. 

After restarting the phone, spotify works again properly (i can listen to music) until the moment when I close the app (not put in the background, but kill it completely). If I start it again, I get the same situation as described before. Then I have to restart the phone again...

I'm using the newest free spotify version (4.0.5385.29845) on Lumia 820 with WP8.1 and Cyan updates. 

Reinstalling the app and hard reseting phone didn't help.

2 Replies

Hey pmartynas,

Thanks for getting in touch. 

We don't currently support rooted Android phones. Please try reverting back to the stock ROM to see if that helps.

Hi Grace, with WP8.1 I ment Windows Phone 8.1 with stock Lumia firmware Cyan - nothing rooted 🙂

Suggested posts