Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

web player keeps defaulting repeat to on

Solved!

web player keeps defaulting repeat to on

I am a premium user and mostly use Spotify on my android phone, but once in a while I will listen via the web player on Chrome (always the latest) on either a Ubuntu or Gentoo OS.

on those occassions that I use the web player I frequently find that it defaults the 'repeat' option to on. (I do not recall an instance this happened when using the android phone app, but have noticed it a number of times with the web player.)

when using the web player I typically  browse to an album I want to listen to, click the play button to start to listen to the album, then find repeat is turned on. I have learned to check and disable it, but for a while I would not notice until the album had completed and started over again.

surely after I turn it off once it should stay off. right? is this a bug? I do hope it is not by design.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, @dead_wrestler!

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

In this case, can you try these steps for us:

1. Disable the Repeat function.
  2. Log out from the webplayer.
  3. Clear your browser's cache/cookies and refresh it.
  4. Log back in. 

Let us know if this helps.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi, @dead_wrestler!

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

In this case, can you try these steps for us:

1. Disable the Repeat function.
  2. Log out from the webplayer.
  3. Clear your browser's cache/cookies and refresh it.
  4. Log back in. 

Let us know if this helps.

Nothing says "I don't know, just try something" quite like telling someone to clear their cache/cookies.

I started up chrome on this system for the first time in a while and tried clearing "cached images and files". First load of Spotify web player after that had repeat turned off.

I will see how it goes on more use and report back.

I am hesitant to clear cookies because they are actually useful.

I have the same issue but I don't use the web player. I use the android app and mac app and I'm forever turning off repeat. I think it's maybe something to do with using radio or playlists or something. But I don't think I've ever manually selected the repeat option so it's definitely not desired functionality. 

much to my chagrin I have actually not experienced this since the time I cleared my cache, not on the system I did the cache clear nor on other systems. (I happen to be logged in to chrome on most systems I use, who knows what chrome syncs across browsers.)

Suggested posts