Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add Spotify Radio to SONOS, please!

Solved!

Add Spotify Radio to SONOS, please!

Spotify, please provide SONOS with the ability to support Spotify Radio. 

From the SONOS community:

John M, an employee of Sonos, replied to Add Spotify radios to Sonos !!!, an idea about Sonos.

Thank you everyone for the responses and feedback. Please let me assure you that this item is still under consideration by Sonos and that we are committed to providing a world-class Spotify experience on Sonos.

Spotify Radio was originally introduced as a Spotify App on the desktop Spotify client before being made available to the mobile app versions. Spotify Apps are small applications written within the Spotify platform and are not made available to third-party platforms like Sonos at this time. Spotify does not yet provide us with the ability to support Spotify Radio. We understand that this is a top feature request from the Sonos-Spotify community and are in discussions with Spotify on possible future implementation.

If you feel strongly about the Spotify Radio feature on Sonos, be sure to add your comments to the Spotify community, in addition to this topic here. Like Sonos, Spotify is a company that greatly values the opinions and feedback of their user community. 

177 Replies

Spotify do not have an API for radio. So Sonos can not add radio easily.

I brought my sonos, because you could play this through it! absolutly gutted that it wont let you play the radio which is the feature that i love!!! I have been using spotify for 2 years and love it but now im begining to not like them! SPOTIFY you have to sort this out as it looks like your custom is going to be taken else where!

Please let us know what to do or you will loose another customer here already working with another part but have so much on my spotify im going to have to start all over again!!! not happy please inform us what to do?

So it is now listed as Not  Planned at Sonos because Spotify won't provide the API for it.  Them doing that, plus with the Spotify Connect announce and the quotes about not developing for Sonos anymore (which were retracted... but still) don't look too good for this to ever come to Sonos.

Sad really, because I'll probably just switch to another service that actually cares about Sonos if this continues.

Found out my internetprovider had a music service that had no problem providing songs and the radiofeature with the sonos system. 13 days and counting with no spotify subscription and so far no loss!

So now I''ll just look in here every now and again watch the exodus begin.

If you say bugger off to your customers long enough, they will eventually do it....

currently in the 30 day trial with spotify and this will determine my membership with spotify.  please add radio stations to sonos.

Please make the radio API available to third parties like Sonos!

+1

Please allow SONOS to play Spotify Radio. I only use Spotify with my SONOS system, and the lack of Radio support is really wearing me down.

I might just cancel my membership and join MOG if this is not fixed. SONOS is able to play MOG Radio.

Necesito la radio de Spotify en el Sonos, por favor

@Peterhessels wrote:

Spotify, please provide SONOS with the ability to support Spotify Radio. 

From the SONOS community:

John M, an employee of Sonos, replied to Add Spotify radios to Sonos !!!, an idea about Sonos.

Thank you everyone for the responses and feedback. Please let me assure you that this item is still under consideration by Sonos and that we are committed to providing a world-class Spotify experience on Sonos.

Spotify Radio was originally introduced as a Spotify App on the desktop Spotify client before being made available to the mobile app versions. Spotify Apps are small applications written within the Spotify platform and are not made available to third-party platforms like Sonos at this time. Spotify does not yet provide us with the ability to support Spotify Radio. We understand that this is a top feature request from the Sonos-Spotify community and are in discussions with Spotify on possible future implementation.

If you feel strongly about the Spotify Radio feature on Sonos, be sure to add your comments to the Spotify community, in addition to this topic here. Like Sonos, Spotify is a company that greatly values the opinions and feedback of their user community. 

Please allow SONOS to play Spotify Radio. I only use Spotify with my SONOS system, and the lack of Radio support is really wearing me down.

Please provide radio API to Sonos. Without I have to reconsider my spotify premium subscription. TIA, Brunob

Add Spotify radio to SONOS!

Please please please make it possible for radio stations to be played on Sonos. I use Sonos and having the radio option would seal the deal on who I listen to most in the world of streaming music. 

Tom

Please make the radio on sonos possible.
Without radio function on sonos, spotify is not complete.

I think is ridiculous that we do not have that feature, we should all ditch spotify if they are not willing to add the feature to Sonos, we can go pay Pandora or Slacker radio, or any of the other services offered on Sonos. So if you are really listening to your loyal paying customers Spotify it be nice to give us the fewature.

I enjoy both of your services and am very please with both.  Take the final leap and add Spotify radio to your amazing Sonos system

Everyone keeps posting the same message -- please let us have Radio, yet I have not heard/seen a single reply from Spotify? maybe it is time fro EVERYONE to take action, at least to shame Spotify into some comment???

please post back with ideas ??

does anyone from Spotify actually read the forums??  -- maybe Tweeting would be more effective??

I just posted to Sonos' facebook page. If everyone here does that, perhaps they will go for it.

@Gavlow66 wrote:

Everyone keeps posting the same message -- please let us have Radio, yet I have not heard/seen a single reply from Spotify? maybe it is time fro EVERYONE to take action, at least to shame Spotify into some comment???

please post back with ideas ??

does anyone from Spotify actually read the forums??  -- maybe Tweeting would be more effective??

Please add Spotify Radio to SONOS!  I have just subscribed to Spotify premium and I have a SONOS system that I use extensively.

I have just invested a not inconsiderable sum to purchase three Sonos speakers and couldn't wait to set them up so I could listen to Spotify radio through My new Sonos system. I have noticed a number of other posts on this forum that talk of their disbelief at this critical feature not being enabled on these two systems. I sat there trying to work out what I presumed was an obvious feature wondering why I couldn't enable the feature. I am utterly dismayed that Spotify does not allow this service on Sonos. Now that I have the Sonos system the only alternative is to try and find a service that does offer a similar feature through the Sonos platform and in my tiny corner of the world, where there is real excitement about Sonos, many others will do the same. This strikes me as a critical moment in the development of the Spotify story, a crossroads where commitment to user satisfaction can be demonstrated beyond question and the future of Spotify enhanced. Or, this could be that critical moment in the development of so many technology focused service companies where the lawyers finally get the influence they crave and the bigger picture is ignored. This has marked the decline of more than one such company in the past because, lest we forget, today's environment is brutally competitive and sure as day some bright young thing will soon come along and rectify this obvious anomaly. My gut feeling is this could be sorted very quickly, but there is clearly something blocking this natural evolution. I would urge the people of Spotify to sit up and take notice. In my community this is stirring as a major issue - one that has the potential to do some serious damage to the reputation of the Spotify service. There are alternatives, they do work and they will get better. The time for action is now. I strongly believe this could be a game changer.

Suggested posts