Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[BB10] Spotify on Blackberry 10

[BB10] Spotify on Blackberry 10

As the Blackberry Z10 has now been launched when can paying customers expect a spotify app for use on the new operating system?

From what i've learnt it is very easy to port an android app over from android to work quite well on blackberry 10. Could this be a shortcut into the market?

We're just asking for a definite yes or no and if yes when?

78 Replies

I just downgraded my spotify to unlimited, after waiting for a few months of promisses. So sad...

Considering the same.

Will follow and leave Spotify premium shortly. 

No need to spend your money on a product you can't use any longer.

So disappointed. 

I've downgraded as well. I cannot see the point paying for a service that Spotify will not provide on my device of choice. There are other music applications out there that I will use. If Spotify cares enough to write a native application, I may consider paying for Premium again. I can envisage lots of others moving out in the same way if Spotify does not move with the market.

Yeah, if there would be a spotify app, I will be the first to upgrade again; I loved Spotify on my Galaxy S2. Which is precisely why I am so dissappointed in Spotify not keeping their promise.

Please create a app for BB 10. I miss it very much.

Thank you

It is kind of arrogant in my opinion that they aren´t already working on a BB10 app. Seems like they don´t care about there costumers. BAD!!!

It's kind of arrogant thinking they should work on a BB10 app just because you have one 🙂 Hope you guys are all adding your support to the request in the idea exchange.

We pay our fees, therefore they should make at least a port. 

Whats truly arrogant is the fact that they refuse to give us any information about the app. Even if they came out and said "sorry, we will never make an app for BB10" it would be much better than not saying anything and hoping people will continue to pay for something they cant use.

It's soooo easy to do! Seriously, one or two competent developers can put together an app better than the Android version using built in SDKs in very little time.

Ok... so Im moving away from spotify... 

I emailed support and they have clearly said.... they have no short plans for z10 and they dont even know when they will... so there's no point to keep paying for premium.... 

BUT.... found a much better solution... RHAPSODY.... they do not have a z10 app but you can sideload the android app

http://www.androidbars.net/search.php?search=rhapsody

works very well.... 

So goodbye spotify..

Spotify just updated the official idea for Spotify for BB10 and changed it from "Good idea, give it some kudos" to "Not right now."

Its officially over. At least they finally came out and told us though.

Unfortunately, there is not much else we can do other than to keep showing our support on the ideas topic! 

As much as it pains me to suggest it, Deezer is the best alternative on BB10 in my eyes. 

Feel free to post your recommendations for applications in plain text here, links to other services are not allowed under the community guidelines. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

This is really disappointing. I guess I'll end my subscription as well.

I have a Blackberry Q10. As many user in France, we don't understand why Spotify is not compatible yet with Blackberry OS10 ??

I pay 10$/month & if it's sure that the application will not be developped , I will transfert from Spotify to Deezer all my play list !! Because Deezer is already compatible today !

I found how to transfert easilly all playlist automatically from spotify to deezer:  http://spotizr.com/

Bye bye Spotify !!

I really wish Deezer would hurry up with it's US launch. I have several friends in France and New Zealand that love Deezer. I was logged onto it via a proxy last night and it seems great.

Well deezer IS really great. I cancled my subscription@spotify... also tried rapsody/napster (sideload@z10/playbook not working..app starts but can't authorize my device).. Then I tried deezer and I really love it. The z10 app works without any problems (android port)...and even if you want to use the up-to-date version (the app store version is an older one; smart radio is buggy) with your playbook, you can sideload ist. This also works without any errors :) Also I found many tracks I really missed @spotify since I use deezer :) Well for me: I don't need a spotify app anymore 🙂

Hey i found a way to get the Spotify Android App working on the Blackberry Z10

I used this Tutorial:
http://forums.crackberry.com/android-app-sideloading-f279/tutorial-run-any-android-2-3-3-app-blackbe...

to get this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GW5vYsOEj6k&feature=youtu.be

Many Thanks to xsacha for his Tutorial, finally i can use my Spotify Account on my Z10 it works amazingly well

maybe we could get Spotify to build at least an Android Port for BB10

Suggested posts