Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

BMW x5 playlists not loading content

BMW x5 playlists not loading content

Have a 2024 BMW X5 running iDrive 8.5. Today, the Spotify app in the car stopped loading songs under the playlists…playlists load but when clicking into them it says “no songs available” or something similar. I’ve tried logging out and back into Spotify app 2x, and resetting iDrive 2x, and nothing worked.

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

BMW x5

Operating System

iDrive8.5

My Question or Issue

12 Replies

Forgot to add - Liked Songs play, and searches work. Everything works as expected on Spotify on my iPhone, issue appears to be related to BMW native Spotify app. 

Mine did the same thing. I can search and bring up a new album and that will play but all playlists are blank. Other weird thing is I can play from playlists from my phone but only one song shows up at a time. I have the family plan also. 

Since yesterday i have the same Problem on my BMW G21 (2021).

Before it worked fine. 

I also contacted BMW Connected Drive about my Problem, i hope they have a solution for this. 

I have a X3 G01 2022 idrive 7 with the same issue

Hi,

I am experiencing the same issue since yesterday.

- spotify on iDrive 8.5 doesn't load the songs in a playlist

- it does load some albums, but with a limited number of songs

- on my phone, Spotify does work and does what it needs to do. Also through Spotify on Carply, it does work.

I'm driving a 2024 X5 XDrive 50e.

Does anyone know how to solve this issue yet?

As of a day or two ago, the exact same thing is happening on my 2023 8 series! It’ll show all playlists but it won’t display any songs within any of my playlists!

A work around is to use Apple CarPlays Spotify app but you’ll be unable to scroll through the playlist via the HUD 😞

update:

I've been able to resolve the issue by "rebooting" the iDrive:

- Push the volume button for +/- 30 seconds - to turn off the system

- then push the button again to restart iDrive

From that moment on, the spotify icon is initially greyed out, but after 10 seconds, it pops on in regular colors and everything returns to normal.

Hoping this also works with you!
interested to hear your feedback 🙂

Hello Guys, so i got that Problem yesterday on my BMW G21. Today i tried it again and now it works,i didnt do anything.

Really weird.

When did you do that? I tried that twice yesterday with no success but haven’t tried today…maybe some update was pushed. Glad you were able to fix it - this car is brand new for me and this problem (while super minor) is very annoying!

I did the reboot of the iDrive about 2 hours ago
Mine is also brand new - I picked it up from the garage about 3 weeks ago.
I agree with you - it's pretty uncomfortable to have such an annoying issue on a brand new car.

Got the same problem on my BMW i4 since yesterday. I can select the playlist but it doesn't load songs.

Country Germany

Type BMW i4

Operating System iDrive 8.5

Mine has now started fully working today of its own accord. I did nothing I.e. no update, no restart, etc.

Suggested posts