Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Browse new releases not working on Windows 7

Browse new releases not working on Windows 7

I have tried logging out and logging back in again but since the last few versions of Spotify have been released, my BROWSE and NEW RELEASE functions have stopped working. Any suggestions would be greatly apprecaited.

Thanks

• WD
19 Replies

What happens (or doesn't happen)? Any chance of a screen capture?

It's just blank, no matter what tab I select within Browse, as per image. Thanks for you help!

SP!.JPG

@PaulMcD74 wrote:

It's just blank, no matter what tab I select within Browse, as per image. Thanks for you help!

What operating system are you using? Does a clean install help?

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Still blank after reinstall I am afraid.

Could you try the steps in my post over here and let me know if it works for you.

Spotify Fails.  

Upgraded to the latest version of Spotify.

It no longer works. Reboots, Uninstall, Clean Installs, deleting all files etc., etc.

Running from Command Line failed as well.

Win 7 - 64 Bit

Also tried running in Compatibility modes, Run as Admin etc etc.

Haven't see any viable solutions as of yet.  

Sadly,  haven't wasted this much time on software in a long time.

Hope to see a fix 😞

@PaulMcD74 wrote:

I have tried logging out and logging back in again but since the last few versions of Spotify have been released, my BROWSE and NEW RELEASE functions have stopped working. Any suggestions would be greatly apprecaited.

Thanks

Check whether HTTPS works on your PC. Are the date and time set correctly?

If you go to https://www.google.co.uk/ do you get a certificate error?

Exactly the same issue, tried every suggestion as you describe plus safemode.

Spotify where is the fix?

About to cancel my subscription. Even the emails directly from spotify dried up. They simply repeated everything from the community. Pathetic customer service and support. Luckily, there are alternatives. It is a pity as I have been using the product since it was first released.

I have this problem, too! Has anyone had a fix yet?

Still not fixed with Spotify 0.9.12.10 released: 25 Aug 2014.

@slaw wrote:

Still not fixed with Spotify 0.9.12.10 released: 25 Aug 2014.

I had a similar issue where the screen was blank.  You can try turning off UI(User Interface) hardware acceleration under preferences.

This works (turning off Hardware Acceleration from User Interface in Spotify Preferences).

Thanks!

This didn't work. Only way I can see content with browse, radio and follow is by using the web client through Opera.

This worked. this needs to be put on Spoitfy's frequently asked questions and have them show the solution

After 5 weeks the Spotify client is working again.

However, I have just installed Adobe Flash Player Version 15.0.0.152.

Browse and radio pages are now displaying correctly.

This is with spotify version 0.9.13.24 released on 16/9/2014..

Also under "playback" in "preferences", 'Enable hardware acceleration' is unchecked.

Do you think my account will be credited or they will give me the next two months free?

This is what big players like BT do!

@slaw - No harm in asking them:
https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I just solved that problem by disabling Hardware acceleration and its loading now.

Suggested posts