Premium

Country

Germany

Device

(Chromecast v1, iPhone SE, Windows 10)

Operating System

(latest on all devices as of today)

My Question or Issue

When playing is transferred to Chromecast like an album or a playlist songs are not finished. This happens both when transferred from Windows App or iPhone App. It does not make a difference whether the app is active or closed.

You can manually go to near the end and it will play completely.

Top Answer
Dian
Spotify Legend

Hey there,

Thanks for the reports and the info shared.

Please make sure you're running the latest version of the Spotify app (8.8.78 at the time of posting this) and let us know if you experience the same behavior. If you do, we'd need a vide recording of the experience together with the device make, model and OS.

Keep us posted.

Cheers!

53 Replies

none of these troubleshooting efforts work for me. i am still having the problem. any other ideas?

Hey @christopherdavidaxy,

Thanks for your reply here.

In this case, would you mind sharing with us the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

On another note, make sure to send us all the info @Vasil asked for here. It's important for us to have all the relevant info about this behavior, so we can pass it on to the relevant team.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Galaxy device here, when I stream to a wifi speaker, something like a Google dot or soundbar, the last roughly 10 seconds or so of the song is skipped.

The next song will start to play before the previous song is actually done.

I've tried reinstalling the application, I've turned off crossfire, etc, nothing works.

Only happens when streaming on wifi, not to Bluetooth device or playing off my phone.

Any thoughts as to how to remedy?

I had the same issue on the Desktop app. All of a sudden the songs were changed before they ended and sounded like they were cut in the middle. I'm not sure how many seconds were cut from their end because I didn't check.

The way I solved it was to go into settings, toggle off and back on again the Crossfade and Automix. I also changed the Crossfade from 5s to 3s. After this, it never happened again.

It seems to be a visual bug.

Screenshot_3831.png

A few days ago, songs started skipping to the next track once only part way through. This only happens on my Sky Q box and not on any other devices I use. 

Plan

Premium

Country

United Kingdom 

Device

Sky Q set top box

Operating System

N/A

My Question or Issue

Hi @ScarletSpider85,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you try following some of the solutions provided by the manufacturer here? If you haven't, give them a try and let us know how it goes. If possible, try logging in with a different account, from a friend or relative or by making a new one yourself, and using that on the same device, seeing if that makes a difference.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This wasn't the fix for me. Cross-fade is not enabled. No new song queued to cross-fade or start early. Just skipping last part of track abruptly like some one had hit the skip button. Doesn't happen consistently but when it does it's really jarring. Only been happening in the last month and I listen nearly every day. Please help. It hurts my ears.

Hey Lifuu, appreciate the input.

I have tried that as well, no luck unfortunately. On my phone, while casting to a Google csst device, it actually is grayed out.

When I select to play on "this device" those settings turn green, but gray out again once I cast to a Google device.

Anything else I can try?

Screenshot_20230927_161746_Spotify.jpg

It doesn't cut off the songs anymore with one exception. I've found out that having any other app open causes it to return. I know it sounds as weird as my initial fix, but it's doing if I'm browsing anything else on my phone. Only when casting to a Chromecast device though. 

I've had this problem too and the advice given by the moderator didn't work 

Hey folks,

Thanks for your replies here.

In this case, make sure to send us all the info @Vasil asked for here. It's important for us to have all the relevant info about this behavior, so we can pass it on to the relevant team.

On another note, make sure to share with us all the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

@AlejaR: the issue is very easy to reproduce. Or are you saying that if you cast different playlists yourself, there is never any issue?

I find it hard to believe that no one at Spotify have encountered this issue by themselves.

Hi. I am experiencing the same problem: songs get cut short by around 5 seconds. I have a Premium account.  Both Crossfade and Automix are OFF.  This is an issue at Spotify end, not user end.

Hi, following that link then the recommended 'Fixing a problem...' link goes to an error page stating it cannot be loaded. 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/apps-on-sky-q-and-glass-basic-checks-t2

I have exactly the same problem, I tried toggling the various automix/crossfade etc. but makes no difference.  It doesn't seem to happen when just listening on my phone of laptop but does when listening on Sky Q box.  This started a few days ago so must be something to do with a new version of the app or spotify connect.  Previously it was starting all songs about 0.5 second in to the track.  I also noticed last week Spotify in my Jaguar plays OK but the slider showing the time left gets to the end of the time but still has a few seconds left.  This IS CLEARLY a software problem introduced by a new version/maintenance release, so please Spotify stop telling us to change settings, it does NOT sort the problem.

PLEASE whoever is reading this from Spotify take this SERIOUSLY and report it to your software team as it's getting REALLY annoying particularly with the recent price rise.

1. Iphone 12 pro max, iOS 16.6.1

2. Spotify 8.8.76

3. Issue only happen on Chromecast

4. it happens to all contents

I notice that if i manually skip the song a bit then the issue disappears. Might be some issue with autoplay?

Hi!
What do you mean by car mode? 

I can only find car (which says to keep your eyes on the route and is not a button option and car thing, but that is something completely else I think... 

Go into settings and scroll down. You'll see an option for "enter car mode". Change that setting to "never". It makes the problem go away, unless you start browsing through apps on your phone that is. This might not work for everyone, but it certainly worked for me. 

Hey there,

Thanks for the reports and the info shared.

Please make sure you're running the latest version of the Spotify app (8.8.78 at the time of posting this) and let us know if you experience the same behavior. If you do, we'd need a vide recording of the experience together with the device make, model and OS.

Keep us posted.

Cheers!

DianModerator

Suggested posts