Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Chromecast working perfectly except with spotify web player

Solved!

Chromecast working perfectly except with spotify web player

Chromecast working perfectly except with spotify web player.

When try to cast from https://open.spotify.com it just starts and then disconnects.

The same Chromecast working perfectly casting tab i Chrome and when playing from Spotify application used in phone.

I've tried another Chromecast device, same behaviour. 

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Got the same problem. The way I worked around it, is as follows:

(My Chrome is in Dutch language)

In Google Chrome press: 

Puntjes.png

Select Cast.

Hit "Cast to" instead of the regular device:

castenNaar.png

Select "Cast Tab". Chrome will now cast your browsertab including audio instead of using the Spotify interface within Chromecast. 

source.png

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Yeah Spotify just stopped working with Chromecast and Chromecast Audio starting last weekend. This is terribly disappointing. 

Marked as solution

Got the same problem. The way I worked around it, is as follows:

(My Chrome is in Dutch language)

In Google Chrome press: 

Puntjes.png

Select Cast.

Hit "Cast to" instead of the regular device:

castenNaar.png

Select "Cast Tab". Chrome will now cast your browsertab including audio instead of using the Spotify interface within Chromecast. 

source.png

Thanks! I works like a charm! It would be interesting if Spotify could give some explanation to the change in functionality.

This is a good workaround, but not an acceptable long-term solution. 

FYI Spotify, this problem is costing you money: I came across this issue because I am thinking about switching from Google Play Music to Spotify, but if you can't get Cast working properly from desktop (ideally from the app, but at least from the web player) I'm going to stick with Google.

The currently accepted 'solution' is not a solution at all. It's using a lot of resources to cast the whole tab.

Same is occurring to me, right now I'm using the current work-around as a short-term solution: I'm starting to cast from the android application, and after I can continue the session from the desktop player.

Altough the best would be if we could cast directly from the desktop application without the need to start the web or android client.

Yeah it's def choppy casting from the tab but I guess it's better than not working at all, thanks Johan1985

Suggested posts