Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Device Password E-Mail Not Received

Solved!

Device Password E-Mail Not Received

I have tried several times over the past couple of weeks to get a device password sent to my e-mail (https://www.spotify.com/se/account/set-device-password/).  I have yet to receive any e-mail with a device password.  Can anyone assist?

Thanks!

127 Replies

Hello,
I now received a reply to my request - they sent me a link to the password recovery process. Seems like there is little awareness of what a device password is. The case number is: #01241980. would appreciate your help - i don't know what else I can do to explain to the Support Team what I mean...

I would give them a link to this help page:

https://support.spotify.com/uk/problems/#!/article/Play-Hardware-Devices

And say you are trying to login to a Partner device but have a Facebook created account therefore need a device password but you are not receiving the email.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I got my device password created via the password reset link customer support send me. It was left unclear why I wouldn't get the device password email if I requested it from the web pages.

That being said thanks for the forum support as while writing this post spotify plays nicely from my Onkyo Receiver thus Case # 01246385 is closed 🙂

Marked as solution

I have contacted the support regarding the issue of not receivning email from spotify with device/password.

Received confirmation from support bu no answer to my problem

No other email what so ever...

Case# 01491746

I am also having the same issue where I can not get or reset my device password.  I click the button to send me the device password and I get nothing.  It is not in my SPAM filter either (I am an IT professional).  The is totally inexcusable.  I am gone back and forth with support and I feel that I am getting the runaround.  Why not just send me a password, rather than frustrating the hell out of people.  If this isn't resolved today, I am getting rid of Spotify and cancelling my paid account.  Very frustrating! 

ref:_00DD0pxIW._500D0dUpMV:ref

I am having same problem:

I'm trying to set my device password.  I keep getting the message "An email featuring your device username and a link to set your password has been sent to e-mail address" but I never receive the email!

Spotify Case # 01526548

I am having same problem:

I'm trying to set my device password.  I keep getting the message "An email featuring your device username and a link to set your password has been sent to e-mail address" but I never receive the email!

Spotify Case # 01598492

@ViniLiazi Please reply to the automated email you received and you will hear back from one of the support guys soon after.

Hello,

I'm having the same issue and didn't get an answer to my case 01962227.

Could someone look into it, and even better actually fix the issue ?

Thanks !

@pixeye - I've asked someone to make sure it gets answered for you.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

I've got an answer, but it was kinda waste of time.

The answer was to retry after cleaning my cookies or using my browser in private mode...

Clearly i'm not the first one with this issue and i'ts not on the user side.

No one (on twitter and in your support team) seems to have ever heard of this, and is telling me that "it should be in my spam" or "does your browser cookies are cleared ?".

I work in IT and an issue like this one should be fixed, or at least a method of resolution should be given to your support team, everyone's time would be preserved.

if I try to send me the password setup link in icognito mode, I even get an error message "email address not available" How long will it take for the spotify support to answer on a ticket btw?

Why can't this password simply be set when logged in on the website, desktop player or app?

I'm a thankful premium user. But this problem should be fixed months/years ago.

I have a Facebook created account.

i have the same problem case#04190166.

Surprised to see this has been an ongoing issue for so long.  I also have not received the email.

However, I received the automated support response email immediately.

Please make sure this is looked at ASAP, case # 04472820.

Also, is there any news on when this will either a) be fixed or b) made available to users to set in the portal?

I think i know now, why this is not solved : fixing this issue would probably cost more money than it would to just leave it like that...

After all your only like the 4th person who as this problem in a year...(based on the previous posts) ?

Impossible to tell for certain, that just means we're the ones that found the forum thread and added it here too, others could have put it on the support form and thought nothing more of it.

It's entirely possible that there aren't many people who've had the issue, I haven't read all replies and perhaps felt it was bigger because there are 12 pages of them.

As a software engineer though, I do find it odd that it hasn't been resolved in this long a timeframe.  I also clicked the button on the portal page to get the email sent to me a few times, of which none were received; this makes me think the root cause is more repeatable than an email delivery failure (especially as I received the support email instantly).  It could just as easily be that there's a timeout so they don't send repeat emails, who knows?

Ideally, it would be better to simply be able to action this through the interface and be advised by email that it has been done, providing an audit trace for the user while keeping the user experience smooth and uninterrupted; further, avoiding delays and ill-spent time such as this.  I would imagine it was setup this way, with the email verification, for security purposes after all.

At the end of the day, my request is really to have this resolved in my particular case so that I can continue with the process, it's up to Spotify whether to resolve the general issue.  My concern is simply that it's a very long time to have any issue outstanding for and it doesn't speak well to people whose time is ill-spent because of it.

My issue was resolved recently but not without help from the spotify support staff though. In my case (not sure if this helps all device password problems) the only answer was to move my account from a facebook linked one to a non linked one ( spotify username and password not loggin with facebook). Hope this helps.
Marked as solution

I have the same problem. case # 04537255

Suggested posts