Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Does Spotify podcasts have regional restrictions?

Does Spotify podcasts have regional restrictions?

I'm from Kurdistan-Iraq and have Spotify Premium, I just saw video from a new Joe Rogan episode and I clicked on the link to watch it on Spotify but the link didn't work, I tried to search for it within Spotify but I couldn't find it, I also can't find other podcasts or the podcast chart! I created a free account and set the country to US and everything is working fine. So, are there a regional restrictions on Spotify podcasts and other content? 

6 Replies

Hi @Big_Bro,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out!

Some content may be available in one country, but not in another. Do you have access to other podcasts? If yes, then the one you were trying to play is indeed region-locked, meaning it's not available globally.

If you're unable to play any podcast, however, it's possible that the feature itself isn't available in your region yet. Currently, there are a few countries that don't have access to podcasts in general. This can vary over time, depending on the permissions from rights holders.

If there's any new information to share about this, you'll be able to find it here.

Hope this cleared things up. The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Take care.

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the same issue. Spotify why the regional locks.

This is such a descrimination and a politicized move. Shame on Spotify, YouTube and such content creators. All lies around and fear of opinions. This is such a 1984 by Orwell. But alas, no one hears because it is not convinient to hear. 

that's the downside of spotify

I also find this very frustrating. Being Irish, living in Germany I can't access Irish content? Feels like living in pre-internet times, living in your local bubble...

I'm in Estonia, and in my account no podcasts. Why?

Suggested posts