Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Google Home] limited and sometimes poorly recommended radio songs after playing requested song

[Google Home] limited and sometimes poorly recommended radio songs after playing requested song

Plan

Premium

Device

Google Home

Apologies if this is the wrong spot to post this question. First time posting!

I am having an issue with Google Home + Spotify playing a limited selection of radio songs after playing a requested song.

In the past, when I request my Google Home to play a specific song (usually a children's song for my kid). It would play the song followed by a recommended "radio playlist" of related songs. This radio playlist covers a wide range of songs and artists and are played in random order.

Lately, I'm instead getting a very limited range of recommended radio songs after playing the requested song. In some cases, it will recommend the SAME song on repeated endlessly. In other cases, the recommended songs are out of context (example below). I checked my Spotify app and have no other songs on queue. I have never requested to the repeated song either.

Is there anyway to reset the radio recommendations so that it doesn't play the same artist and limited set of songs?

e.g.

1. "Hey Google, play jingle bells"

(plays Jingle Bells as requested)

(starts playing songs by Renee & Jeremy -- none of which are Christmas music!)

2. "Hey Google, play Alphabet Roundup by Mother Goose Club"

(plays Alphabet Roundup by Mother Goose Club)

(then plays Sing A Rainbow by Nicky Steel, Pat a Cake by Claudia Jones, Yellow Submarine by Nicky Steel, and repeats the same songs on and on).

2020-03-10 08.09.14.png
2020-03-21 12.39.56.png
0 Replies

Suggested posts