Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help using Spotify Connect and FireTV

Help using Spotify Connect and FireTV

I have a fireTV that is now supposed to work as a target for Spotify using Connect as per this accouncement:

https://news.spotify.com/us/2014/09/15/enjoy-millions-of-songs-on-your-amazon-fire-tv-with-spotify-c...

I have an iphone 5s with the latest version of spotify installed.  It is connected via wifi to my network, and my FireTV is connected to the same network via a wired connection.  When I'm playing music from my iphone in Spotify and select the Connect icon I do not see the FireTV (or any other targets) listed.  Any help troubleshooting this would be much appreciated!

4 Replies

The two necessary conditions I would read from that news blog is 1. located in the U.S. and 2. Premium account. Is this the case for you, too?

Having a look in the amazon app store, there is a "Spotify Connect" app too, not sure if you need to use that instead of the main Spotify app?

http://www.amazon.com/Spotify-Connect/dp/B00N1XIY5Q/ref=sr_1_2?s=mobile-apps&ie=UTF8&qid=1414059397&...

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I am a premium user, and am located in the US.  I have an iPhone 5s that is on the latest version of iOS and have the latest version of Spofity installed.  I can see my macbook (which is running the beta version of Spotify) using the Connect feature just fine.  For some reason the Fire TV does not show up in the Connect device list.  I am also running the latest version of fireware on my Fire TV.

Any suggestions on getting this to work would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I couldn't get my Spotify Premium to work on my Amazon Fire TV (I have the BOX.... NOT the Fire STICK). Thanks to a home link device it now does! After not having any luck with tech support I dug around the internet & saw someone said they had luck when the plugged the Fire TV box directly into their router. Some kind soul said you didn't have to have a 50 ft cat e cable but could use a Home Link adapter. I had no idea what that was & looked into it. Then went on Amazon & bought the starter kit (Link Below)

http://amzn.com/B00AWRUICG

Just got done plugging both of the adapters in. Adapter #1 was plugged directly into the wall & connected to the router with the Cat E cable & the other Cat E cable went from Adapter #2 into the Amazon Fire TV box. Didn't have to pair them, my Spotify app on my Droid was then able to see the Fire TV Spotify app & I was able to play Spotify thru my tv & its attached Sound system.

They say that you pretty much have to plug the adapters directly into the wall socket as some power strips filter out the signal which defeats the purpose of the device. Although I didn't want to buy another device, it was a quick solution than wasting anymore time trying to troubleshoot the problem. I'm also hoping that this will have the added benefit of helping our wireless signal reach to the areas of our house that had a weaker signal.

I don't think this will work for the Fire Stick b/c there is no way to plug the ethernet cable into the stick (as far as I know)

Suggested posts