Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to listen offline to a shared playlist on Spotify Kids?

How to listen offline to a shared playlist on Spotify Kids?

Hello, I would like my son to be able to listen to the songs from a playlist that I shared with him, without the need for the internet.

There is the option to put the heart icon on the songs and send them to favorites, but when we listen to a song from the playlist, that icon does not appear, nor is there an option to download the playlist.

Thank you.
6 Replies

Hi there @AlbertoT 

Thanks for reaching out. At the moment, it isn't possible to download playlists on the Kids app, only the Favourites section is downloaded automatically. If this funcitonality is something you'd like to see, consider having a peruse through our Ideas board

Hope this clears things up.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I’m experiencing the same issue. There is no heart icon on individual songs in a shared playlist on Spotify Kids. This worked before, as proven by my kid’s Favorites list that contains songs we had previously added - ones that are not available by searching Spotify Kids.

I have the same issue. I'm not interested in what the spotify editors think is suitable for my child (much of what is there i do not rate at all) - I want to be able to curate the playlists myself. Unfortunately, only a subset of the songs I want to share with them are available in the spotify kids curated set (despite them all being suitable for kids). This severely limits the usefulness of spotify kids - especially since I just forked out for special 'spotify' devices for them to use to listen to their music off-line.

Hey @Akb2,

Thanks for posting in the thread.

You should be able to share playlists that you've created on your own account with your child. However, keep in mind that only songs in Favorites can be downloaded, and we cannot guarantee that songs from the shared playlists would be able to be added to that section, as that depends on a number of factors.

We're always working on improving the service and its features, and this feedback helps us know where to focus our efforts. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

We hope this clear things up. If anything appears appears, we're just a post away.

MariaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Maria,

I am aware that I can share playlists but this is of no use to them on a device that only plays off-line playlists. Most of the songs I want to share with them are not available through spotify kids, and thus cannot be added to favourites and made available off-line. 

This would be great but add it to the list of a hundred ways the garbage Spotify kids app could be improved. Spotify just doesn’t care.

Suggested posts