NEXT STEP

Leave or remove myself form playlist

Leave or remove myself form playlist

Plan

Premium

Device

Imac and iphone

My Question or Issue

I have been searching for a while on how to leave/remove myself form a playlist, and found a bunch of answers and comments that says to just go to de playlist, the context menu (...) and just tap "leave playlist", but this options does not show neither in desktop or mobile app. I removed it form my library, unfollow, unlike, but my profile still shows up in the playlist, and that's what I don't want. Obviously I'm not the creator and I don't want to be seen in the playlist. 

1 Reply

Hey there @sebabas11,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome. 

For starters,  we suggest you log out and log in twice in a row onto your Spotify account. This could sound a little bit odd, but this way the system will force a resync of your account in general.

If this should persists, we'd like you to take into account the following:

• If the playlist is a Blend, then you should see the option in its three-dot menu that allows you to leave the playlist. After that, you shouldn't see it in your library.
  • If the playlist is Collaborative, you can leave it by tapping the profile photos at the top of the playlist on your mobile. On that menu, next to your profile photo, you should see a three-dot menu with the option to leave. You can also find such an option on the three-dot menu of the playlist itself. After that, make sure to remove the playlist from your library by tapping the check mark button at the top, so you remove it from your library as well.
  • If you simply added a playlist created by someone else to your library, you can remove it by tapping the check mark button at the top. That should remove it from your library. There's no option to leave the playlist in this kind of playlist, just unfollow.

Now, keep in mind even if you remove a playlist from your library, it's expected to see it on your Home Page in the recently played section if you listened to that content recently.

That being explained, we'd like to check:

• Is the playlist you mentioned a Blend or Collaborative? Or is it a playlist created by someone else, and you added it to your library and then remove it? 
  • Are you able to see the mentioned playlists on your profile across all your devices?
  • Would you mind sharing with us the exact model and OS of your device along with the Spotify version you're running there?

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts