Local files not working

Local files not working

Plan: Premium

Device

(iPhone X, Macbook Air)

Operating System

(iOS 10)

My Question or Issue

A few months ago, I put in some local files and it worked. Yesterday, I tried to put in another song and it is not working. I refreshed the local files, deleted and redownloaded the app, and now the local files on my computer are not even connected to my phone. Local audio files on my phone is on but there is not function to sync it to my computer. It is on the same wifi.

1 Reply

Hey @lielzeharia,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

In this case, we'd like you to know some changes on how local files are handled were recently introduced. You can follow the steps in this article to be able to sync your local files between your mobile and your computer.

On another note, keep in mind there's a new Local Files experience. We're presenting this new experience, in which there's no need to import the files from one device to the other, as the files can be stored on phones. You can read more about it here.

So, take into account you can toggle on/off the Local files in your mobile From Settings> tap Local Files> Switch Show audio files. Just to clarify, currently, the Local Files feature lets you use the Spotify app to play any audio files stored on your device (e.g .mp3, .mp4, .m4a). So, with this function you'll see all the audio files you have in your phone. When toggling it off, you won't see any of them in the app.

Note: Spotify supports .mp3.mp4, and .m4p files. It doesn’t support .mp4 files that contain video, or the iTunes lossless format (M4A).

We hope you found this helpful. Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts