Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My playlists keep shuffling random songs out of nowhere

My playlists keep shuffling random songs out of nowhere

Every fucking time i click on play it starts the first song and then every fucking song after it, is a random song THAT I HAVE NEVER LISTENED AND DOES NOT FIT WITH MY MUSIC TASTE AT ALL??? Also yes i do have shuffle and smart shuffle DISABLED
6 Replies

Hey there, 

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

If you're currently using the free service, keep in mind that it only allows shuffle on most playlists and will continue to suggest tracks and artists for your personal playlists as you create and edit them. 

If this is not the case and you're on a Premium subscription, would you mind sending over a video or a screen recording where we can take a better look at what's happening on your end? This way we can have a better understanding of the issue and provide further help. You can upload it to Google Drive and send a link with the relevant permissions, or you can also attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It happens exactly the same to me. And I don't know what to do. It is annoying

Yes, exactly that happens to me as well. It’s supper annoying and I can’t enjoy listening anymore as some random songs start playing that I would have never chosen. Please solve as otherwise the app doesn’t serve its purpose anymore. 

And I’m on Premium Duo account. If free of charge I would maybe accept this, but paying for it…

Hey there @AnaSt1 & @Ba_hama,

Thanks for posting in the thread!

To be on the safe side, could you double-check so that Smart Shuffle is turned off? You may notice that songs are added to the Play Queue when this feature is switched on.

If this doesn't do the trick, could you send us a video showing how things look from your end when this happens? Also, does it happen on all devices that you use Spotify on, or just with a specific one?

Keep us in the loop!

MariaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey, it seems that my account was hacked, therefore I’ve changed my password and deleted the playlist. Now it works well. 
Thanks for your support.

Suggested posts