Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Spotify APP on LG Smart tv

Solved!

New Spotify APP on LG Smart tv

I have downloaded the new spotify app for LG smart tv this week. It works really nice. 

however I can not find the radio option? Anyone know how to get to it?

83 Replies

Same as Felipe.

Even tried changing to fool LG's Premium Store switching to other South America countries, but while other country specific premium apps show up, the Spotify app stills a myth.

Best regards

Marked as solution

Hi everyone,

I spoke to the LG support line today and the tech guy confirmed that the app isn't available (even though Spotify says it is).

Apparently it was very briefly available but didn't work properly so was removed. He said that it's currently being tested and he estimated that it should be released in mid-July

Crap but at least we have an answer!!

Thanks

Thanks for the update @jimbof .

Im from Argentina, and app doesn't  exists in my LG 42LN5700 with the latest firmware (V05.00.00)  😞

I am from the US with an LG 50LB6500 I bought yesterday. I don't seem to be finding the Spotify app in LG Store either. I have uodated the firmware to firmware update number 3.23.23 and according to the TV is the latest firmware update.

Any support appreciated!
Avid Spotify Premium user, treehugger, audiophile.
Spotify Premium since July 2011.
Sold 10 (and counting) Spotify Premium accounts since and refused commission.

I contacted with LG support, they said I should contact with Spotify support. OK, then I contacted with them and after a 12 e-mails thread, they said me, that I should contact with LG support... 😞

After several weeks expecting a new spotify app for LG Web OS TVs, I'll stop waiting. Definitely, I'm switching to Deezer: same price, more music and official support for LG Web OS TVs.
Sad for abandon my favorite streaming service from the beginning 😞

bye!

Hey guys!

The Spotify app is FINALLY LIVE for me!!!!! 🙂

Model: 47LA660S (2013)

What region are you in? I jumped onto my TV and still nothing! 😞

USA, 50LB6500 (2014).

I live in Hungary.

Have you tried search for the "Spotify" word?

I tried it this way: http://goo.gl/VpBqED

Spotify

Hmm.. 

Maybe it takes some time to roll out the app to the different regions. 

I tried searching for the word "Spotify" and nothing shows up for me. Only Rhapsody and other apps.

Hungary, LG 42LA660S-ZA, software version 04.24.33, spotify app appeard in the Smart World..

Country in the Settings app: Hungary

Hi, I have a LG LB5800, and the spotify app does not show app.

Neither as a premiun app nor as an app to install in LG smart world.
My country setting is Brazil, and my firmware version is 03.03.03 (it says that it is up to date)

Any ideas why spotify app does not show up?

Edit: nvm

I was just writing a reply that it is not available in Poland too, but I have tried one more thing and it worked! Go to "Premium" apps, then "Options"(it was a green button for me) and select (I am not sure how this option is named in english) "Initiate premium options". You might need to do that a few times, but  it somehow enabled Spotify on my TV(42LB5800).

Hope this helps someone 🙂

Spotify

Just wanted to confirm to all of you right now that the Spotify app is indeed on the LG Store now. I am on an LG 50LB6500. The Spotify app version is listed as 1.0.3 and was updated 8/28/2014, located in the US.

Enjoy!

Still isn't listed in Argentina. 42LN5700-SB...

Waiting... and waiting... and waiting...

Suggested posts