Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Spotify Update For WP8 Sucks!

New Spotify Update For WP8 Sucks!

Okay. I've been using Spotify for about a year now and recent Spotify has updated to version 5.1. This version is unresponsive, songs keep pausing and you have to wait for them to load. And just slow, in terms of transitions etc. Please! Can someone help me with this. I cannot stand waiting 15 minutes to play one song! I've tried on many occasions to reinstall the app. This doesn't work. Please Spotify, sort this out!
11 Replies

I totally agree! The performance was never as good as on iphone/android, but now its even worse.
I seriously dont understand how they are not able to make an app which is as good as the ones for android & iphone. No lags, no sudden pause, no crashes. The app right now feels like some cheap copy of spotify...

Same here. I even tried taking the playlist offline, but it still doesn't play. Songs get paused just when they start to play, sometimes the app crashes completely.

This is getting ridiculous now. I can't even play one song 😞

Nokia Lumia 930 fully updated + Spotify and the user experience is far below what I have experienced in the iOS + Android. No other apps installed on phone. Fully updated to 8.1 and Spotify version 5.1.5529. It takes about 45 seconds to open my list of playlists and then 30+ seconds to open the playlists.

Fantastic device, the OS is nice shame about how bad the Spotify experience this should never have reached end users.

Same problems here. All of them. What a disappointment. I sent a message to customer service- please everyone do the same.

No worries, on android 5.0 its terrible as well. songs skipping, bluetooth streaming interuptions, playlists vanishing, local files that cant be dragged to spotify anymore, sporadic terribly slow loading of songs (even with offline stored files) do I need to go on?

This has been driving me nuts!  I got Spotify Premium in June and was very happy during the trial period. But after starting to pay for premiumn, things started to go wrong. For starters, I can no longer connect using my PlayStation3. (tried everything short of factory reset on the console).  It just doesn't work now the trial is over.

But the main problem, the WindowsPhone app keeps deleting my offline data.   It's getting really annoying!  It only does it when I'm on the move and on mobile data (so, when I really need offline data!) and, importantly, when there is a weak signal.

I'm pretty sure the app is trying to dial home over 3G, probably to check for updates to my subscriptions etc.  I suspect this is the case because it sits there for ages and ages and ages when on a weak signal.  On WiFi it just opens straight away.  If there is enough signal to get through, then eventually it loads up.  If it doesn't get through, then I eventually get into the app, but all my music has gone.  If I check offline settings, the data has vanished.

When I set off this morning, I had over 3GB of offline music (some of it downloaded 2 nights ago, so it's not that I haven't logged on in 30 days), and now I only have 600MB and apparently no offline music available to play.

I have to download it all again.

Why am I paying for premium?

wp_ss_20151103_0001[1].png
wp_ss_20151103_0002[1].png

SpotifyCares reset my offline devices.  It's worked for a while (since last post) but has gone wrong again this morning.  So that's 2 weeks between device wipes from Spotify.

Scenario : In a crap 3G area and Spotify stops playing (even though I am playing offline music, not streaming) So I set it offline, can see all my data still there.  Set it online, and my data all vanishes.  These two screenshots should illustrate:

2015-11-19_10-20-32.png

...and....it's done it again. Seems to be every 2 - 4 weeks that my device get's wiped.  It's definately related to my connectivity.  I suspect if the phone can't dial home when it wants to, then it just wipes the device.

This is getting very annoying.

https://community.spotify.com/spotify/attachments/spotify/002/22491/1/2015-12-11-spotify-deletes-dat...

2015-12-11-spotify-deletes-data-AGAIN.png

2015-12-11-spotify-deletes-data-AGAIN.png

I just posted my problem, but seems to be similar to others. I had to delete Spotify in order to free up data on the phone. Simply deleting saved songs or albums does not remove any data. Anyhoo... I can play any downloaded synced songs for more than a minute. Spotify then becomes partially unresponsive in that I can't change the song any more. This is very poor for a paid for product.

very poor is an understatement. The app is simply not functional as it should be and as icing on the cake it lacks some of the most wanted features. How's that for Windows hatred?

Suggested posts