Country

United States

Device

Multiple Devices

Operating System

(Windows 11)

My Question or Issue

Hello, 

I usually use Search > Discover section to get my music recommendations as I care more about album recommendations compared to individual song recommendations.

Lately, I'm seeing very few recommendations and it updates infrequently. This happens periodically. Sometimes I get a lot of recommendations and suddenly it just dries up and stays that way for multiple days up to a week.

Currently, under Search > Discover path, I only see "Playlists Made just for you", "Top Recommendations for you" and "New releases for you" and these sections are normally followed by a bunch of artist based similarity recommendations but now these artist based recommendations disappeared??

For me Search > Discover path is the most valuable part of Spotify and it is frustrating to see such few recommendations 😞

3 Replies

Hi there @shangoba,

Thank you for taking the time to post here in the Community. Let's look closer into this together 🙂

if you're looking for some more playlists made for you, you can search for "music picked just for you" and filter by playlists, then you'll get a bunch of different genre playlists.

Let us know how it goes so that we can continue to assist you if you need us to.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Thank you for the reply Jeremy. Maybe I'm the weirdo here but I'm certainly a heavy explorer/user and it is not practical to explore music by individual songs. All these mix playlists just add few new songs every once in a while. I can easily go thru 300 songs / 20 hrs of songs a day. This is why the minimum unit of exploration is an album for me.  It is impossible to find that many songs individually. This is why non of the mix playlists are helpful.  Also genre playlists are not helpful either because I never say "Let me listen to Reggeaton Classics today". I don't know which genres I like and I don't care much about it either. 

I work in product analytics as my day job and I'm sure many heavy explorer/users will agree with that statement. These people are often the most valuable users as well. 

There should be a path of exploring music via albums. This is a very common pattern in all major platforms. "If you liked this album/artist/book/video/movie, you'll love this album/artist/book/video/movie". This is a very basic way to navigate content yet it looks like Spotify has just removed this path as I still don't see any similarity based album recommendations under Search > Discover path

Hey @shangoba,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We understand where you're coming from. Keep in mind that your recommendations are based on your listening habits and the more you listen to your favorite content, the better recommendations you'll get. You can also select the songs that you don't like and choose the "Hide this song" option. Likewise, you can like the songs/albums you do like by clicking on the heart icon. This will help the suggested playlists/albums to be updated so it can include more personalized results. We also suggest taking a look at this article for tips on how to improve your Made for You playlists.

On another note, keep in mind that the content shown in the Discover section can vary, and it doesn't have a set timeframe for when it gets updated. It depends on different factors like your recently played content, listening habits and content that other users with similar taste listens to.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts