Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Now playing moves between devices

Solved!

Now playing moves between devices

I like to play podcasts on my desktop and music on my phone. Until now this has worked great. But now, if I have played a podcast on my pc and then goes to my phone, spotify thinks I want to continue listening to that podcast on my phone. The song and my favorite playlist I was listening to previously on my phone is gone and I have to search it up. This affects the shuffling feature and I end up hearing some the same songs I have listened to recently. I haven't found any setting to decide whether what you're playing will follow you across devices or stay separate for each device. I have the standard premium subscription (one user, four devices).

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @grimfrid,

Thanks for reaching out. Spotify Connect will typically try to synchronize whenever you play from your devices. This depends on which device is active. If your phone has Spotify open while you're playing on PC, it will sync up and the last played item will be overwritten. If it isn't, then the last played item on your phone should still be whatever you last played there and not on PC. Using offline mode should produce a similar effect too.

Hope this helps.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi @grimfrid,

Thanks for reaching out. Spotify Connect will typically try to synchronize whenever you play from your devices. This depends on which device is active. If your phone has Spotify open while you're playing on PC, it will sync up and the last played item will be overwritten. If it isn't, then the last played item on your phone should still be whatever you last played there and not on PC. Using offline mode should produce a similar effect too.

Hope this helps.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts