PS4 Quick Menu Spotify - Allow Access not working since last PS update

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

PlayStation 4 Pro

My Question or Issue

In the Playstation 4 quick menu (pressing PS button during a game) you are able to access Spotify to play music during gaming.  This feature requires the user to allow access to the Spotify app within the PS4 interface.  Since the latest update of PS, this feature cannot access the Spotify webpage that allows this access.  When I try to give it access, the allow access page is simply blank and does not allow the user to approve.

Please fix this issue soon.  Thank you.  

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I had this problem, too. I solved it by going in Account Services->Linked Accounts and signed out of Spotify from there, then signing in there. After that, I was able to access my music again.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Nothing happen with my connection since last update.

I would recommend you to go to settings on your PS4 and search for connected accounts.

Is Spotify listed there?

Yes it is. It is an approved service.

I think the Allow Access page is down for Spotify.

I have the same issue. Guessing to with GDPR  update but when I click to allow access on the quick menu it takes me to a blank web address. I can’t find solution and it’s pretty annoying. Might cancel Spotify for few months until resolved 

It is definitely annoying and in my mind such an easy fix by just updating the URL to the allow access webpage.  

71677216-8E1E-44BE-BBCA-A17F8263FC17.jpeg

This has been happening to me too. It needs to get fixed because I always have my own music playing when I play games.

Marked as solution

I had this problem, too. I solved it by going in Account Services->Linked Accounts and signed out of Spotify from there, then signing in there. After that, I was able to access my music again.

That worked!  Thanks so much!  🙂

No problem, happy to help. Music can make great gaming moments. I remember playing Mad Max to A Perfect Circle's "Judith." Got into a huge fight, it was epic. 

ZombiePotato90 on PSN.

Suggested posts